Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Hi, I want to delete all the PM's on the forum I run (7.5.7.)

I stop with the forum and somebody is taking over.
But for the privacy reasons of all members I think it is better before to hand over the forum to delete the privat messages?
How can I?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Untested but there are three tables in the mysql database.
they all start with PRIVATE_MESSAGE_
make a backup and clear the three tables of data.
Poof should be gone for everyone.

You may need to run the content re builder in the cp and elect:
Prune Orphaned Private Topics


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Run:
Code
TRUNCATE `ubbt_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_POSTS`

On the tables:
ubbt_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_POSTS
ubbt_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_TOPICS
ubbt_PRIVATE_MESSAGE_USERS


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Ok, Thanks for the help


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)