Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#255607 05/30/2014 8:20 PM
stranger
stranger
how do I do this or
is there a code template for this

to have the new user to register with user name email and password but it has to be verified by me to prevent spam as its set up on the forum... but then

they are allowed to upload one photo and fill in answers in a form that will be text under the photo

and the photo is limited in size

can this be done with the forum
and is there a place to find templates such as this for people like me who are designers with a teeny weeny little code knowledge meaning I am not a programmer but know enough to edit and make it work and a little of this and that

I look at programming forums and Im like so where would I start

thanks jnkgal

Busy Creating the Future
jnkgal #255608 05/30/2014 8:57 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is EMail Verification in the Registration Settings, there is also a registration queue where new registrations must be approved. v7.5.8 has the Stop Forum Spam modification from UBBDev as stock; so there are multiple levels of spam prevention.

As for the additional fields, we have custom input boxes for something similar (though not uploads) where you can name the context box; this is also in registration settings.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
jnkgal #255609 05/30/2014 10:01 PM
stranger
stranger
thanks for your reply. I did not explain very well earlier sorry my bad. I want to so very much to be able to program to write my own code. I know html and this and that but not enough to do what a real die hard programmer can, not even close to their ability.

I want to do it for a regular html page that is not on the forum part of my site. that is why I am trying to find templates to do this for so that after they log in the forum then they can go to another area where they can add info about their selves such as a profile page
( But NOT a Profile Page).
I can edit a template but not able to write the code to do this.

Is there a web site that I can go and learn how to do this quickly a crash course or that has templates that I can use and add to my html page to accomplish what I am wanting to do? Thanks jnkgal

Busy Creating the Future
jnkgal #255611 05/30/2014 11:32 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There aren't any specialty websites that'll teach you how to write code specifically for the UBB; nor would I advise it as if your code isn't secure and you attempt to have form inputs you could end up just having some hacker drive by and destroy your site.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
jnkgal #255612 05/31/2014 1:45 PM
Just google
how to create a upload page
There are several listings that you can start with.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
jnkgal #255618 06/01/2014 4:49 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There are several integration mods over at ubbdev ("generic page outside of the ubb" comes to mind) that would allow you to make code outside of the ubb that'd integrate into it; in which case learning PHP/MySQL would be your only caveat.

Gizmo #255621 06/01/2014 5:20 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
As Gizmo suggested, here are direct links to just two of such hacks:

This first one will generate a Generic Page Outside of forum directory using UBB code.
https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/312683

This second one will get you started with a template in the form of an email/feed-back page.
https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/318166

The second one is very simple to understand for a novice HTML programmer who is not intimidated by "getting their hands dirty." You install it, and then replace all the information relating to email and feedback with the data you want it to display. It's a nice template/example file to use as a starting-point for what you've asked.

Also look at this link:
https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/318605

You could find a lot of neat ubbt code-gems at ubbdev.com

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
isaac #255625 06/02/2014 6:50 PM
stranger
stranger
wow thanks guys! I just got back on here been swamped as usual.
yea I didn't think about someone hacking into it I was concerned about spam and also if I had members email me files for me to upload id be taking a risk of a virus on my computer.

I had my first CHINA SPAM BOT INVASION upon opening the site for members to join.
wow that was fast
that was quite an experience for me
never again I hope never again

Cant wait to go look at the links thanks so very much and all the help
I am envious of your knowledge I wish I knew even half as much
jnkgal

Busy Creating the Future
jnkgal #255626 06/02/2014 7:37 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by jnkgal
I had my first CHINA SPAM BOT INVASION upon opening the site for members to join.
wow that was fast that was quite an experience for me never again I hope never again
Well, EMail verification, CAPTCHA, and Stop Forum Spam (all stock features in the UBB, now) will kill a LOT of the spam registrations that you'll see coming by.

I believe id242 has a ReCaptcha modification on one of his forums that I'd love to see released into the wild.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 963 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29