Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Greetings!

I would like to ask about the VIEW count first:

Can we have the view count condensed in order to stop it from blowing out some forum layouts? Example: (10,000)views is fine but (1,000,000)views is getting too big or wide to display and jumps to another row. Can we get auto view count such as (100,000+) views and then the count would go (200,000+) etcetera until (Million+) and freeze.No longer counting but instead using the + sign to show count. This would serve to regulate the size and width of the display of views (view count) for larger boards. If this is already considered or in place and I am unaware I apologize for asking. I am asking for a future need at this moment.

Second concerns SSL secure websites.

Issue two deals with SSL layers and links found within the control panel for UBB News and UPDATES. Is there anyway to have the links display without the http: such as //ubbcentrl.*** in order to not set off error pop up warnings about un-secure content. The links will still work fine when clicked and this is a way we have resolved the problem for years on banners and other links in a secure website atmosphere. A minor tweak in the scripting actually. I am sure we could do this and even the one above as a hack but we do not like tampering with the original from years of experience with doing just that.

These two issues would help greatly with our comfort and pleasure using UBB for years to come.

The only other suggestion would be to have an island set that users could copy and paste html into which would automatically make the Forums host their entire website automatically. It could even strip all head and un-necessary meta info to allow the Forum to be search engine friendly.

We would love to just roll the entire website into the Forum Community and the Control panel already "almost" makes this possible for the novice. Right now it is not easy to do.

Working together - that's how we roll.

Ancient and Honourable, John West.

One feature I have seen that would be super handy is a DRAFT button in the comment area. Save a post if you have to stop for some reason and finish it later.

Meanwhile I know you are all busy and all of this can be accomplished with a few tweaks to the script if I wanted to Mod it up. I will work around it until I see what happens later. Thanks.

Second concerns SSL secure websites.

Issue two deals with SSL layers and links found within the control panel for UBB News and UPDATES. Is there anyway to have the links display without the http: such as //ubbcentrl.*** in order to not set off error pop up warnings about un-secure content. The links will still work fine when clicked and this is a way we have resolved the problem for years on banners and other links in a secure website atmosphere. A minor tweak in the scripting actually. I am sure we could do this and even the one above as a hack but we do not like tampering with the original from years of experience with doing just that.

I have resolved this issue and now on to the others...

I am a little confused to see an example of:
Can we have the view count condensed in order to stop it from blowing out some forum layouts? Example: (10,000)views is fine but (1,000,000)views is getting too big or wide to display and jumps to another row. Can we get auto view count such as (100,000+) views and then the count would go (200,000+) etcetera until (Million+) and freeze.No longer counting but instead using the + sign to show count. This would serve to regulate the size and width of the display of views (view count) for larger boards. If this is already considered or in place and I am unaware I apologize for asking. I am asking for a future need at this moment.
I visited your site.
The most of post counts is "18" under the Administration forum.

Do you have another url to be able to see the issue?

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Originally Posted by John West
Greetings!

I would like to ask about the VIEW count first:

Can we have the view count condensed in order to stop it from blowing out some forum layouts? Example: (10,000)views is fine but (1,000,000)views is getting too big or wide to display and jumps to another row. Can we get auto view count such as (100,000+) views and then the count would go (200,000+) etcetera until (Million+) and freeze.No longer counting but instead using the + sign to show count. This would serve to regulate the size and width of the display of views (view count) for larger boards. If this is already considered or in place and I am unaware I apologize for asking.
I am asking for a future need at this moment.

Thanks for the response Ruben but you (in your haste) missed the comments in double quote above. I have several communities and this particular url you visited is still under construction to take over from another version of UBB Classic.

Simply put I wanted to know if we could have a modified (views) count such as (1)-(10)-(100)-(1thsd+)-(10thsd+)- (100thsd+)-(1mil+) It would serve to stabilize the (view) count as it displays. The numbers would run like they do now up and to 999 and then start the letter format. As I said I was asking for a future issue as I know something I won't tell...(wink) While it doesn't save much space it serves to stabilize the view count and also after 1000 it serves to suggest mystery at just how many views there are... In the bigger picture it was not critical only attractive in the popular topics and other portal displays around a website outside the forum as well as within. An even column with several rows of (1thsd+) is more attractive than a stack of (1001)-(2345)-(3125)-(999)-(02) AND WOULD ONLY HIGHLIGHT THE UNDER 1 THOUSAND VIEW THREADS. (1thsd+)-(1thsd+)-(1thsd+)-(999)-(02)

Thanks for visiting the website and hope you return when it is up and rollin strong.

Right now I am dealing with an accidental deletion of the forums from the server and local roots via ftp. A trainee with directories named the same in different folders...

Can't see forums in the control panel even though they display and several other issues as a result of having an older (1 day) back-up.Lost one day of additions and customization and three in re-do.

It's always something aye Ruben?

P:S: Ruben - You were a little confused long before that post - LOL (funny even if you wont admit it) See ya!

Hey! I am still finishing this project and ONLY just now getting ready to promote the site soon! How time flies...

I have 20 thousand plus views on one or two Topics even before then so if this becomes an issue I am gonna pitch a fit! LOL!

Fun stuff!

Can you imagine 2,000,000 or 10,000,000 views on a topic - WELL STOP IT!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29