Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
I had to migrate to a new web server due to some issues. I had a backup of the SQL files that I successfully restored and I restored the ubbthreads web directory. I had to change the database userid and password when I defined it on the new server because the new server already had a userid of admin and I needed to change it to something else.

Where do I tell ubbthreads what the database userid and password is? Thanks.


DennyP - www.dennyp.com
DennyP Travel
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
Control Panel > DB, Paths & URLs > Database Configuration
Make updates, then click "Update Settings" button.

Its the very first item, top-left, within the "Master Settings" section of your control panel.


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
I should have mentioned that I can't get to the control panel. When I go to: http://dennyp.com/ubbthreads/ - I get.

Quote
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Database error only visible to forum administrators

Where do I go to look at the database error?

Thanks.


DennyP - www.dennyp.com
DennyP Travel
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,032
Likes: 176
LOL @ me - I totally should have put 2 and 2 together. facepalm
What you're looking for can be found within includes/config.inc.php grin



current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 237
Likes: 1
Thanks. That's the file I was looking for and couldn't think of. Within that file I have:

I've gotten past the database error by using the correct passwords. I'm not sure if I should start a new topic here for a new problem or not. But I will continue here for continuity purposes.

Now my browsers are giving me a redirect loop message. The folder names and structures on my new server are the same as on my old server. I checked the config.inc.php file and couldn't see anything obviously wrong in any of the paths or locations specified in the variables there.

Is there any kind of command line type command I can use to cause an internal rebuild of everything since I can't get to the panels?



DennyP - www.dennyp.com
DennyP Travel

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)