Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
I've been having trouble with loading UBBthreads (which resides a folder called "forum") when I place its location (e.g., www.domainwebsite.com/forum) in a web browser. It states it can not be found.

I've tried various solution: i.e., placing it in the main folder of the domainwebsite itself, as well as locating it elsewhere in another folder on the server.

Is there any thing within the scripting of ubbthreads itself that may be causing a conflict (i.e., does it need to be located in the domainwebsite's folder?)

[Note: the ubbthreads has a link in the domainwebsite. In other words, both are separate entities.]

Thanks, for any suggestions.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Once you have all the files from the archive uploaded, there is a folder called "install" -- browse to "index.php" and follow the on screen directions.

Further information is in the root "readme.html" file.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Let me clarify for id242's reply:

I have had ubbthreads installed on my server for years and it ran well without problems.

I created another website with a folder different from the one that my previous website was in.

In both of these websites (new and old) I had links to ubbthreads. The old link worked quite well (as stated above).

The link to ubbthreads in the new website does not work (I get a response that the site cannot be found), even though I have placed the correct path (and http address) for it in the new website.

It sounds confusing but really is not. I hope this clarifies my problem.

Thanks.

I guess we need more info.
Like url to each site.
And if you installed the forum at both sites

If you have the forum installed on site a(whatever that is).
Then you create a second site b.
And you want to link to site a from site b, then it is just a url link.
there would not be a need to create a forum folder at site b.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
BTW your original site is broken.
The forum does not work it shows a fatal error.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What error message is either presented to the browser or logged in the webserver error log? Something, somewhere is awry if it's showing blank/errors.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Thanks to Gizmo & Ruben for the feedback.

First I'll let you know what the situation is right now:

1. The ubbthreads is in htdocs/paduaprep.com/forum

2. the pointer on the server for http://www.paduaprpe.com points to:
htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/

3. When I put in the web address of http://www.paduaprep.com I go the the website
where it is supposed to load, and all is well with that.

4. However, the ubbthreads does not load for the link set up on the website in no. 3
above. The link is http://www.paduaprep.com/forum.

You can put link in no. 4 above in a browser and you get an error. Or, you can go to my website at www.paduaprep.com and clink on the link to ubbthreads in the menu of Sharing/Bulletin Board. Neither work.

That is my problem in detail.

Hope you get an insight. I have tried everything so far.

Thanks

Well then your url does not exist.
Meaning it is not at that location.
I still don't know where the MusePP came from.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is a 404, "Not Found" error at:
http://www.paduaprep.com/forum/

Meaning, quite simply, the folder "forum" does not exist under your web root.

If your web root is /htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/ and your ubb is installed in /htdocs/paduaprep.com/forum/ then you'd definitely have an error, as http://www.paduaprep.com/forum/ is looking for /htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/forum/ (since you're indicating /htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/ is the web root).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Gizmo,

You explained the problem quite well. It is exactly what has happened.

However, even when I move the "forum" folder to htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/ (where I currently have it, to demonstrate the problem) I still get a "Page Not Found" error.

That's why my initial question to the Post asked was there something in the scripting(code?) that was affecting this.

It does not make sense to me. I just wanted your input to confirm something out of the ordinary is happening.

Thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I wouldn't think so, unless the configurations of paths in the config.inc.php files wheren't set correctly; but even then, you wouldn't be getting 404 errors, you'd be getting script printed errors indicating configuration issues.

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
I still feel there is something scripted-in that is preventing the "forum" folder from loading.

I'll given you an example. In an effort to figure this out, I placed the "forum" folder where I have my blog and gallery folders, residing respectively at http:www.paduaprephotos.com/blog/, and at http://www.paduaprephotos.com/gallery/. Both the blog and gallery load when I put in their web addresses.

However, when I put the web address of http://www.paduaprephotos.com/forum/ in a browser address, the web address mysteriously reverts to www.paduaprep.com/forum/. And I get an error message of :

"Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/users/web/b672/pow.orlow/htdocs/paduaprep.com/forum/functions_forums.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.13/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb081/b672/pow.orlow/htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/forum/scripts/cfrm.inc.php on line 24"

[Note the different names of www.paduaprep.com and paduaprephotos.com]

Does that make any sense to you?

Thanks.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, http://www.paduaprep.com/forum/ is currently throwing a scripting error and not a 404 (webserver) error; indicating that it is now attempting to load the ubb files, though i'm not sure why it's throwing the current error, quite possibly the paths in the config file aren't set appropriately.

As for any redirects, the UBB wouldn't know your site A from your site B to be able to throw a redirect like that; so there should be a config file error, or a redirector error if you'd added some sort of redirector files.

Originally Posted by Ruben
BTW your original site is broken.
The forum does not work it shows a fatal error.

That is what I said before.
The error:
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/users/web/b672/pow.orlow/htdocs/paduaprep.com/forum/functions_forums.inc.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.3.13/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb081/b672/pow.orlow/htdocs/paduaprep.com/MusePP/forum/scripts/cfrm.inc.php on line 24
Where did MusePP come from.

The only way to sort it out cause you keep saying folder was moved.(incorrect syntax?)
You can't just move the folder that contains the scripts without editing the config file.
It will only work in one location.
is to access the control panel and view the paths. Then see what is what in each site.

Blue Man Group
Also I know I fixed your config file a few years ago.
I don't recall that same path.
So I can only assume that you think you can just copy a folder to a new site
and think it will work. without changing the config file as well as database connection.
Which is incorrect.

Blue Man Group
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Thanks to Gizmo & Ruben for their "to the point" feedback.

The problem was with the config.incl.php file when I moved the "forum" folder from its original position on the server. Support Staff at my web host corrected the problem, and all are working fine, both website and ubbthreads.

Thanks again.

Duh!
For future reference.
If you change the folder location even if on the same site , you need to follow the guidelines as if you are transferring your site to a new host.
IE: edit paths in the config.inc.php file.

All the paths to the scripts are contained in that file.
The database path may be the same but not the program scripts.
Also you need to ensure the new folder/file locations have the proper folder/file permissions just as if it is a new installation.

Blue Man Group

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 343 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29