Print Thread
Hop To
#256631 03/04/2015 9:29 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Hi everyone,

I can see the forum stats on our forum, which is basically the same type of data as on here. Is there a way to get other statistics such as the number of people who have have logged on or looked at a question in the past week, month or whatever? Or just any other stats in general that would be helpful in showing someone in management how powerful or not so powerful the board is?

Thanks.

Bert

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Bert #256632 03/04/2015 10:45 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you want to show off how active a site is to management, show them your "Active Topics" within "Past 48 Hours"
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/activetopics/2/1

Or how many active new registrations your site has had within the past set period of time:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/10/page/1/like/-1
--especially OF THOSE new registrations, who've made a single post.

Or how many registered users have logged in within a set period of time:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers/sb/14/page/1/like/-1

Or how many registered users are currently online:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/online

But if you really want to show off the health of your forum, have management post a few random questions as new user accounts to your forums. Watch how quickly your community responds to those questions and the type of replies they are given. If nothing happens, and no one replies, Your community is near non existent.

And most importantly, just because people are able to find your content and they are reading it, does not mean that they are a community -- online and interacting. A thriving community of members tends to interact and help each other out with flowing ideas and conversations. These are the type of people who look forward to returning to your site day after day. The fore-mentioned type of people are most likely organically finding your site through a search engines and have no loyalty to return to it... especially if there is no community or deep substance to gain from returning.

---

If you're not too worried about your community and just want numbers, install Google Analytics for some serious statistics:
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
isaac #256633 03/04/2015 11:20 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Thanks 1-UP,

Will definitely check out those links. We definitely have a thriving community. At least for those who are on all the time. We probably have the best forum for Electronic Health Records in the nation.

I think I try to do it all by myself. Just got my 10,000 post yesterday along with the admin duties.

There is a group of us doctors on an advisory board who meet monthly with management. There was a lot of discussion about how best to reach our current users and how to attract new users. I would say the numbers here are about three times ours across the board. I don't think we have ever had that many people online at the same time before.

But, the Who's Online is already up there. How would it show 978 users online at one time?

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Bert #256634 03/05/2015 12:31 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
heh. You're probably also familiar with the extremely popular Lytec Medical Billing software. Current version was just released on Febuary 9, 2015. My first jump into patient scheduling software programing was in 1996 using FoxPro 2.6a. The Rushmore database technology was awesomely quick for what was also available at the time!

Back to topic, The WhosOnline page will show as many users as your database can generate. The time is determined by the "Who's Online Settings" at:

Control Panel > Display Options > Who's Online Options > Who's Online Timeframe
Users will be listed as online if they have visited within this timeframe (in minutes).

60 = 1 hour
720 = 12 hours
1440 = 24 hours

Most sites set this to "120" -- two hours. But you can set it to whatever you need. And obviously, the users online goes up based on time of day, day of week and many sites are even seasonal, so the month also plays a great part. Install a site analytics tracking software and start monitoring.

If you're already creating "Electronic Health Records" software, you're probably also aware of how important (and incredibly valuable) keeping statistics on most everything is. I am absolutely shocked that you haven't been tracking this type of information since day one -- even if for the simple reasons of justifying a program's viability, a research project, a federal grant or for just simply justifying your paycheck.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Bert #256635 03/05/2015 1:00 AM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Ironic on the Lytec. Where I used to work, we used Medisoft and looked at Lytec. They are kind of in the same stratosphere. I own my own practice now, and basically had to use Medware.

So, basically, the Userboard has little to do with how my office functions. I make money if and only if I see a patient. I spend a lot of time on the Amazing Charts User Board, and most of what I know as far as using the Control Panel has been learned here and mostly via Gizmo, SD and Ruben. Ruben has been incredible.

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Bert #256637 03/05/2015 11:24 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:wavy:

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Bert #257049 07/16/2015 3:31 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hello,

I would like to know what the code is to publicly display the forum stats BESIDES the island.

I'd like to put in a custom wrapper with the following stats:

Number of Users Online Now: (including none-registered users)
Number of Pageviews in last 24 hours:
Number of Topics in last 24 hours:
Number of Visitors in last 24 hours:
Number of Posts in last 24 hours:

How do I pull these stats? Meanwhile I'm going to TRY and search the world-wide-web...

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
M4TT #257050 07/16/2015 6:20 PM
you can start with:
Control Panel » Portal Layout » External Island Instructions
And select the always build checkbox next to the forum stats in:
Control Panel » Portal Layout
That will get you the standard stats like from the island.
Beyond that you will need to modify the code with mysql query's wherever you insert the extra info.

BTW
Page views is probably going to come from Google

Last edited by Ruben; 07/16/2015 7:55 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #257865 12/14/2015 8:16 AM
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
Hi Dear,

When we set up the forum stats setup through control panel. Is that show instant status report or after 1 week of work stats report.

With Thanks,

Stefen joseph

Bert #257866 12/14/2015 11:17 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Forum statistics are generated on the fly, once you turn them on; they will always be current.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29