Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257113 08/06/2015 3:04 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Hello,

A while back I created a member group called Freak's VIP's and set it up that if anyone made 10 posts or more they would be automatically be placed in this grouping.

Yesterday I changed the settings of a topic to make it where only Freak's VIP members could view the topic and the posts inside the area.

When I checked the total of people showing for the area it stated 34, which was very low. When I did an advanced searched it showed that there is 558 that have 10 or more. I manually added people that contacted me but I see it shows that usernames would be automatically added to the list when they reached the post amount I listed which is 10.

This didn't take place, am I missing a step or is there an issue that needs addressed or with my luck both.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

FREAK #257114 08/07/2015 10:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
When you add a group that requires a number of posts the users must make at least one more post to be added to that group. Even if they currently have 1000 posts.
It it the actual process of the post that will compare the user post count to determine if they need to be added to a group.

I never tried this, But the rebuilder in the control panel may add the remaining 558 members for you but read the note:

Rebuild Post Counts

Select this option if you want the user's post count to reflect his current number of posts, and not how many he has ever made.
WARNING: There is no undoing this once this is clicked.

This warning is for if say a user shows 1000 posts but 20 were deleted over the years.
They would now show 980 posts.

Last edited by Ruben; 08/07/2015 2:57 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
FREAK #257115 08/07/2015 8:01 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Gotcha.

So if they have 1,000 posts but the group shows a need of 10 to get in and it was just added, until they make post 1,001 they won't be put in the group.

Makes sense.

Thanks.

I am not going to mess with the rebuild post counts. No need to. I'd rather them make post 1,001 than to force them in.

FREAK #257116 08/07/2015 8:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
At least you're seeing who's an active member wink.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)