Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257275 09/16/2015 1:22 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

The files you may upload must have the following extension: : .gif,.jpg,.txt,.zip,.png

If I want to allow users to attach word or excel documents, how do I allow this?

V 7.5.5

Thanks

FREAK #257277 09/16/2015 12:23 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Just add the extensions to:
Control Panel -> Master Settings -> Feature Settings -> Attachments -> Allowed Attachment File Extensions


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
FREAK #257278 09/17/2015 1:37 PM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Gizmo

Thank You Very Much.

smile

FREAK #257279 09/17/2015 6:20 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Not a problem; one thing to keep in mind is that, over the years, they've added quite a few extensions (not to mention 3rd party software like OpenOffice/Libre Office).

There is also a hard coded variable, which was added for security, to specifically deny the uploading of: php, php3, php4, cgi, pl, exe, bat, reg


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
FREAK #257281 09/19/2015 12:59 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Thanks I just added xslx and doc format only. Excel/Word


FREAK #257285 09/19/2015 11:41 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
Member
Member
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 177
I am receiving the following error when testing the attachment feature. The file is valid and opens in excel but not through the attachment link on the forum.

Suggestions?
Attachments
Error.jpg

FREAK #257289 09/20/2015 1:46 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
what I found is a typo in your control panel.
you had:
Quote
.gif,.jpg,.txt,.zip,.png,.doc,.xml,xlsx
Instead of
Quote
.gif,.jpg,.txt,.zip,.png,.doc,.xml,.xlsx

Note the period missing before xlsx.
I corrected it but I can't find your test post.

FYI,
In the ubb control panel selecting permission checks you have some fails that need to be addressed.

Last edited by Ruben; 09/20/2015 2:00 PM. Reason: Added FYI

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
FREAK #257293 09/20/2015 2:44 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Just goto the ubb control panel.
Near the bottom left is permission checks.
You can expand each section and see the files that failed.
Cache is a big item to resolve.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
FREAK #257294 09/20/2015 3:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay so we found also that a attachment folder was never declared in the ubb control panel also.
Works now


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)