Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257357 10/08/2015 10:29 AM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
For some reason, mods were unable to use HTML even though they were before.

When I went into the control panel under forum permissions, I noticed that some of the forums had zero in the permission for HTML. I changed this to a one for mods. But, it still didn't work. When I changed all of the forums from a zero to a one for mods, it worked.

That seems strange as I would think I would be able to allow certain groups such as mods to use HTML in some forums and not others.

Thanks.


UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Bert #257358 10/08/2015 10:54 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Not really strange, I'd never allow anyone to use HTML on my forums as it can be a security issue. By default your forum's permissions are secure, if you want to go opening potential security issues you'll have to actually set the options...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Bert #257360 10/08/2015 1:57 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 386
Thanks. Like the new picture. smile


UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Bert #257361 10/08/2015 6:24 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Thanks; it grabs my active facebook picture.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)