Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
sb
S Offline
Greetings,

I have a daily SQL report monitoring 404's and 403's on our webserver. I noticed suddenly that one specific UBB gallery thumbnail file appears to have gone MIA as it is generating many 404's from a variety of UBB URL's.

I checked through the UBB control panel looking for a way to force rebuild thumbnails and found none.

Given the path of the MIA thumbnail, how may I rebuild it? It's relative path on our server is:
/ubb/gallery/54/thumbs/1109.jpg

I am thankful,
Michael

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
this is a an excellent example of why backups are just good practice. do you have a backup of the file? do you have the source for the file, in which you could create a new thumbnail from? have you tried deleting the corrupted file from the post, and then reuploading a new one? tbis will give you a new image id, and your attached item will no longer be throwing 404/403 errors.

a 404 error means the file is not found. it doesn't mean that the file is corrupt. a 403 is similar to a 404, but this time the server says basically "no access to whatever it is youre looking for."

this sounds like your server could have had a hiccup with the attached file. there are a few ways that could have happened, but its outside of ubbt's scope.

remove to offending image from your ubbt post. then reupload the image from a saved original/backup copy. this will regenerate the thumbnails you're asking for and will stop generating links to the old missing file.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
S
sb
S Offline
Greetings,

Actually I was hoping for a function similar to the Gallery project ( http://galleryproject.org/ ) which rebuilds resize and thumbnail images from the original size images.

In this case I will go under the covers of UBB, research what original graphic provoked UBB to create 1109.jpg in the first place, then figure out what command line syntax UBB creates the thumbnail from the original.

I retain full backups of the server only for a few days, FIFO rotation. With Christmas, I did not notice the 404'ing graphic in time. SQL backups I keep 30 days of.

I am thankful,
Michael

is the file at:
/ubb/gallery/54/thumbs/1109.jpg
the same as the hyper link in the gallery and does it even exist?

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
S
sb
S Offline
Greetings Ruben,

I have no idea. The SQL report comes from Apache server data. So I only have the location and referer information. I assume as many referer URL's are getting 404 hits to that graphic, that it is appearing in random photo spots on webpages throughout the UBB portion of the site.

I also have no idea what large/original graphic it is to be a thumbnail of. I have not done my SQL sleuthing through the UBB DB yet.

I am thankful,
Michael

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It is quite easy to gather the source image actually, /ubb/gallery/54/thumbs/1109.jpg is the thumbnail for the /ubb/gallery/54/full/1109.jpg image; just load it into Photoshop and change its size to be whatever dimensions that your forum is configured to utilize.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 834 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29