Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#256948 06/03/2015 5:14 PM
S
S Offline
Hi all,

Will there be, or is there a responsive template that we can buy/use for 7.5.8 ??

Does UBB have one available?

Can I purchase a third party template, and is there a recommended one to use for 7.5.8 ??

Thx MS

Last edited by sundance; 06/03/2015 5:16 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
v7.6.0 will have a full mobile friendly template which uses an adaptive design; you can test this out now at UBBDev. v7.6.0 has a projected release date of this summer; we've been working diligently on redesigning key areas and restructuring them for a more modern feel.

The latest build of the v7.6.0 version will always be run at UBBDev as it's our public testing platform. You can view all of our checkins in the Official UBB.threads Announcements forum.

At a later date I will be offering some sort of Mobile Template adjustments for versions prior to v7.6.0, for sites which aren't ready to, or don't want to, upgrade to the new build.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
S
S Offline
Perfect,
I will subscribe for the update notices!

I would love to run the new version as soon as possible and would beta if it would help!

Thx MS

S
S Offline
Is the Responsive template available and working?

We are running 7.5.8

How much for the upgrade and the install??

Last edited by sundance; 11/11/2015 9:08 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
v7.6.0 is still a ways off, currently being beta tested at the moment. We've been cleaning up the customization here at central in preparation of moving 7.6.0's latest beta on here; which will be happening later in the week.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
stranger
stranger
Hello

A lot of good things for 2016.

When will you release a mobile compatible template version?

It is really mandatory!

Regards

Virtual MAgie : the principal magic art portal
http://www.virtualmagie.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
A fully mobile supported build is in the works, you can "test drive" the latest v7.6.0 at UBBDev, and a preview build here on UBBCentral. A release date is not being provided at this time.

E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
I can't wait for a mobile responsive template. So many people use mobiles these days that it's a must. I think more people probably use mobiles than desktops.

Excited about 7.6.0!

As you are aware, Google now indicates when a site result isn't mobile friendly, and they will penalize rankings for sites that aren't responsive.

I've been working hard to move our primary site (pianoworld.com) to the WordPress platform using a responsive theme, 300 new pages built and counting. Our site was overdue for a facelift anyway.
The weak link right now is the forums, but they are also our biggest traffic source. Needless to say we are anxious to see the UBB updated.

Many thanks to those of you who have been working hard to make this a reality.

I still say you should have a donation button here at ubb central. I know money is tight for a lot of people, us included. But I'd be happy to donate what I can when I can in appreciation of all you do to keep the UBB going and growing.

All the Best,
Frank B.
Piano World

Founder/Host
Piano World
https://PianoWorld.com
Home of the world famous Piano Forums.
http://forum.PianoWorld.com
88,000+ registered members
Over 2.5 million posts, and growing...
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
We (UBB.Developers Network) are currently trying to put finishing touches on v7.6.0, there are still several items that need to be pushed out before a release can happen; but we've extensively tested SSL support and Mobile support over the entire development cycle.

Google is reading the forums as being mobile capable through search engine listings, though there are some caveats that some users are going to hit when going mobile; a HUGE one being that the forum is only going to be as wide as your widest images on the site, so if you have a large logo or non-responsive ad's, they may keep your site from being mobile (though for a large logo one should be able to set its max-width to be 100% and it should scale the size to fit within a mobile screen).

There is a donation button at UBBDev, as it's a development site (UBB.Developers Network provides development services for UBB.threads, it is in no way owned by UBBSystems or UBBCentral); UBBCentral is the owner of the UBB.threads product, and it would probably look tacky to process donations as well as script payments.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29