Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257961 01/07/2016 9:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
D
DcW
Offline
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
Running Version: 7.5.6p2.

Looking for guidance on how to stop a Global announcement and preserve original thread in original forum.

My fat finger hit the GA button on the iPad touch screen and I can't figure a way to undo it?

Thank you.

Last edited by DcW; 01/07/2016 9:17 AM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
In more recent versions you'd click "Manage Topic" -> "Remove from Global Announcements"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
D
DcW
Offline
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
I am logged in as the admin.

Not seeing that as an option on drop down manage topic menu?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
If you don't have that option, you're using an older version, try clicking the "Make this topic a global announcement" option again.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
D
DcW
Offline
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
Any other options...I kinda hesitate to try that because I'm concerned it would double my problem?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I could give you some complicated instructions on how to remove it from the MySQL database, but that could potentially run into quite a bit more of a mess than what I stated above.

The wording of this link has changed in more recent versions, it now changes the wording if it's already an announcement or not. Both announcements and sticky posts are handled by the stickpost/unstickpost scripts as:
ubbthreads.php/ubb/stickpost/Number/threadid/announce/1
ubbthreads.php/ubb/unstickpost/Number/threadid/announce/1

So you could make the link yourself if you really wanted.

Also, you should look at upgrading as there are some security issues with the version you're running.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
D
DcW
Offline
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 18
OK...So I tried your suggestion as I have doing surgery in SQL dbases.

Here is what happened:

I go to said topic...open manage topic and click on "make global announcement" again per your instructions.

Then I get this error message:

UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/76/02/1050276/web/forums/scripts/stickpost.inc.php
Line#: 108
SQL Error: Duplicate entry '36341-ubbt_all_forums' for key 1
SQL Error #: 1062
Query: INSERT INTO ubbt_ANNOUNCEMENTS VALUES ( 36341 , 'ubbt_all_forums' )
Please click back to return to the previous page.

Next I reload the forum...and go to manage topic drop down again.

Much to my surprise I now see the "remove from global announcement" option present on the drop down menu. Of course I click on it and Wallah...It worked!

So far everything is working fine and the announcement is history.

Thank you for your help.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)