Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#258719 08/22/2016 8:55 PM
V
V Offline
Some members on my site cannot access my website from home. They get a FORBIDDEN 403 error code.

Any of you or you members experience this?

We created a link, take a look http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1078101/Re:_FORBIDDEN#Post1078101

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
In v7.5.8 the previous developer had changed the way that SEO URLs where built, but allowed the ":" character to be parsed (among other special characters). There was a discussion about possible issues resulting in allowing additional characters in the URL (including what we believe is this problem your users are experiencing, see the discussion "Six show stopping problems with UBB.t 7.5.8's new Spider Friendly URLs"), and a fix was quickly posted, but not used in the final build.

To test this as a potential fix for your reported issue, you should have your users remove the ":" character (or any other non alphanumeric characters, with the exception of "/+-") when they're unable to connect, to see if it will then allow them to connect.

When we created v7.5.9 we decided not to want to have users lose their search engine ranking with another URL scheme change, and were holding that back until the release of v7.6.0 which should be released within the coming months.

You can find the v7.6.0 version of the link coding at UBBDev: [7.5.8] Better URL Sanitization for SEO

If you choose to change the way your URLs are built (either by installing the "Better URL Sanitization" modification or upgrading to v7.6.0 when it is released) I have a UBB.Sitemaps tool available which will aid in the process of Search Engine Discovery for the new URLs to Search Engines that support Site Maps.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 879 guests, and 150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29