Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by SD
well, i would NOT recommend running threads on anything above 5.2.12.. (depends how your php.ini is setup too)

we use deprecated functions (will be fix0red in v8) that 5.3 and above decided upon...

i found this out on my CentOS box when i also easyapache'd to 5.3.1 as well as my local WAMP install.. twas a bummer..

and as for php 6, they are gonzo bonzo alltogether..

as far as drupal 1 of other patches and another(joomla too), they HAD problems and i'd expect them to have fixed it by now.. note: that the symptoms vary from 'not working at all' to 'bothersome warning messages'.. YMMV

wordpress dodged the deprecated issue, by being ahead of the curve.. wink

--
offending functions that currently exist in 7.5.4.2 and are deprecated in php 5.3+ are:

safe_mode()
set_magic_quotes_runtime()
ereg()
eregi()
split() <-- used all over!
spliti()
---

for me, since i control my box and whatever php version runs on it.. it was a simple choice.. php 5.2.12 also since you gain nothing significant by running 5.3+ anyway..

it is your choice on your box(es), however and good luck wink

I hate to bump an old topic, but this is the most recent one I've seen with the error I am seeing.

My sites were moved to a new server today, the old server had outdated software that couldn't be updated. When I loaded one of my old forums, voila! errors about the php version now. The oldest version of php on the new server is 5.3.something.

Several errors were about the smarty classes - so I updated to the current similar version (2.6.30). It cleared up those errors, but I am seeing 3 or 4 left related to some deprecated methods/functions.

Is there an update out that allows .threads to run on current versions of php? Or is that not the issue?

www.southparkgreenies.com - site in question.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
bah, nevermind, I see where it should have been fixed in 7.5.8, I will check my version and update if it needs it.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I have the latest UBB.threads (7.5.9) running on PHP 5.6 without any problems; what builds are available on your new system? I'd recommend PHP v5.6 as it's stable (unlike PHP7) and it is a lot faster than PHP v5.3. Also, keep in mind that UBB.threads v7.5.8 was primarily pushed out for PHP compatibility, and includes some security fixes as well.

[root@server ~]# php -v
PHP 5.6.25 (cli) (built: Aug 20 2016 09:39:48)

Note that UBB.threads v7.6.0 will REQUIRE PHP 5.3+, you can grab the test tool at UBBWiki: UBB.threads v7.6.0 System Requirement Test 20160222. The installer/upgrade tool will die graciously and present a warning for users not running PHP v5.3+.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 791 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29