Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Y
stranger
stranger
Y Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Hi,

I've had my bulletin board for a very long time, and usually don't encounter any problems. For the past couple days, when I try to visit my bulletin board., I get this error message:

"Unable to connect to database server, please try again in a few minutes."

Please let me know what I need to do to get it back up and running. My community is very busy this time of year and I have received many complaints.

Sean

Last edited by YuleLogSean; 12/16/2016 5:40 PM.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Have you contacted your host to see if the database servers are running correctly?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The error message indicates a connection issue with the database server; do you have MySQL logging turned on in the UBB control panel? Has your host been having any sort of latiency issues lately? How long has this been going on? How are your system resources? Have you contacted your host?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)