Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Hi,

My hosting company updated PHP to 5.6.30 (mysql 5.6.34) last week and every since we receive the follow error after approving a new user:-

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access /ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php on this server.Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What every page you try you get the same error - It clears after a few hours or If I go to a different PC I can log in fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
This behavior sounds like the username may have been a reserved word for the suhosin security module; once you submitted the page the suhosin module would have flagged the stream as a 403 error. Try looking at your webserver logs for the 403 error and reply back the contents of that line (note, we only need that one line to diagnose further).

The course of action, as I doubt your host is interested in removing keywords from their suhosin configuration, would be to go into PHPMyAdmin and edit the users information and edit out the offending data (ONLY do this if you cannot get into your forums because of a Suhosin issue, you can completely destroy your database if you're unsure of what you're doing).

HUGE NOTE, we CANNOT SUPPORT database edits outside of the UBB.threads system.

I have a test script that you can use which will tell you if your server is running suhosin, it is the UBB.threads System Requirements Test

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29