Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
B Offline
Hello,
I just installed version 7.6 and a couple of things are not working correctly just yet.

The forum is located at www.natomessageboard.com .

Overall, the install went smooth, but after upgrading from 7.5.9 the lines between the forum and thread listings have gone missing. They show up if the "UBBCentral" style is chosen, but they do not in any of the other styles -- including the updated Dark and Light styles. If I go in to edit a style, they show up there, but not on the actual forum listing or the preview in the control panel.

The second thing is mobile viewing. The main forum listing comes up the correct width, but all of the other pages I've visited are not fit to the screen. They are all just barely wider. Initially, this was due to a table in the header, but I've adjusted that, which is why the main forum listing now loads the correct width. I've gone through the styles and made sure any references to "width" were removed as per instructions, but this has not helped.

If you all have any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks,
B

B
B Offline
Quick update - The private messages screen is also the correct width, as is the full reply screen.

B
B Offline
Any insight on this, by chance? The attached images illustrate the problem with the lines (borders) missing from the forum list, etc.

In the first image, you can see that the lines are there in the preview box on the right of the screen, from within the style editor. This is the only place they show up. They are missing on the actual page.
Attachments
1.png 2 preview.png 3 - Page.png

Last edited by bleavitt23; 03/01/2017 1:23 AM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by bleavitt23
Overall, the install went smooth, but after upgrading from 7.5.9 the lines between the forum and thread listings have gone missing. They show up if the "UBBCentral" style is chosen, but they do not in any of the other styles -- including the updated Dark and Light styles. If I go in to edit a style, they show up there, but not on the actual forum listing or the preview in the control panel.

Add the following line to the extras section of the styles you which to display the table borders on:

Code
table{border-collapse:separate;border-spacing:1px;}

Each browser has their own settings for what a page should look like. Apple iPhone/iPad have a totally different setting than Firefox and Chrome. Internet Explorer likes to display pages different than either of those.

UBB.threads no longer lets each separate browser determine what your forums should look like. UBB.threads now sets the ground rules for a basic common display, for your users, across all browsers. Buttons and drop-down menus are styled as you want them to be styled, and not as how Apple is telling you they need to be styled. Borders for all Tables are collapsed and not shown unless you want them to be shown. Styles that you create are now displayed on IE/Firefox/Chrome/Safari...etc, as you have designed them.

The goal of a reset stylesheet is to reduce browser inconsistencies in things like default line heights, margins and font sizes of headings, and so on. The general reasoning behind this was discussed in a May 2007 post, if you're interested. Reset styles quite often appear in CSS frameworks, and the original "meyerweb reset" found its way into Blueprint, among others.

The reset styles given here are intentionally very generic. There isn't any default color or background set for the body element, for example. I don't particularly recommend that you just use this in its unaltered state in your own projects. It should be tweaked, edited, extended, and otherwise tuned to match your specific reset baseline. Fill in your preferred colors for the page, links, and so on.

In other words, this is a starting point, not a self-contained black box of no-touchiness.
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/

Further reading at http://cssreset.com/what-is-a-css-reset/
and here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11578819/css-reset-what-exactly-does-it-do

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
B
B Offline
Thank you! That fixed one issue.

Any insight on why some pages are not the correct width when viewing on a phone? The forum listing page, new thread/full reply page, and the whole private message section display correctly on the phone, but the thread listings and individual threads are a bit too wide. Wide enough that it requires scrolling to the right to view the entire text of a thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29