Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
V Offline
I'm wondering if any other customers of Mindravens hosting is having the same problem as I am?? I'll try to make this as short as possible.
Saturday Mindraven switched servers. I start to have a problem in the control panel. I have it set up so that I have to approve all new members. When I go to the "users in the registration queue" I'll have some members who have not verified there email address. Then I'll click "resend verification" and "Submit". It appears to have accepted the command but then I get a screen showing:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/ could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox as a browser and the only way to access my website again is to close the browser and relaunch it.
So I tried Internet Explorer and have the same problem... Internet Explorer cannot read this webpage format
HTTP 406

Then I try on my Droid phone and get an error on their too!!!
The only way for me to access any part of my website on the phone is to clear the cache and relaunch the browser and log into my site again.

I didnt have this problem until Mindraven switched servers....maybe its just a coincidence, maybe not.

Any ideas as to whats going on with this error?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
it's the mod_security apache module, so it's MindRaven's configuration on the server.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
old hand
old hand
I remain puzzled on this with Mindraven, who have treat me well.

when I do a whois.sc it comes back and says it is hosted in Russia.

Check the server stats here...
http://whois.domaintools.com/clubadventist.com

yet it pings to montreal and them some blank stuff.

thoughts?

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, a traceroute shows level3 Chicago as the backbone, so I doubt it's Russia, the ip probably belonged to an organization in Russia at some point.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I confirm, we have no any organization in Russia and our servers are localized from Montréal, Canada.

Vaguntrader, why you don't simply open a ticket in our member area ? We will make a pleasure to assist you with your problem.

Thank you.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I know this is an old post, but has there been any resolution to this problem? I didn't notice any mention in the 7.5.9 Changelog, and 7.6.0 changes to membermanage.php seem to be only cosmetic from a quick glance. I'm running 7.5.8

I've had this problem for a long time whenever I activate the Registration Queue. I only do that if there's a troll registering over and over, and deactivate it after he's gone. I last did it in 2014, and currently now (2017), and this happens to me in both Chrome and Firefox -- just like the OP reported.

I am not hosted via Mindraven but ASO. After performing an action, I get this error until I close ALL browser windows and relaunch. (The script name changes if I try to load the Forum List, so it's not just Member Management, but anything after that fails)

[Linked Image from image.prntscr.com]

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
A 406 not acceptable error is generally related to Suhosin "keeping you safe" (your host has a rule that is being triggered), please look in your error logs for the 406 error and relay the lines here.

You should probably also run the System Requirements Test and it'll relay any settings.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Thanks, Giz -- I'll check the error logs in a moment, but ran the test and it seems okay...

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbt_test.php

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Nothing stands out there, so hopefully the logs will be a little more helpful, lol.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
cPanel 56.0.45 blows -- I only see "Last 300 Error Log messages" and don't see much of anything -- none for my IP. Where the heck is the full error log? :/

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you have SSH access, they're generally in /var/log and can be viewed as (in the below command I have my access logs set to be combined in one file, yours may utilize the error_log file):
Code
cat /var/log/httpd/access_log|grep 406

I'm not sure where it'd be on CPanel (in this case, it's likely building an error_log in the directory of the script, versus a centralized location), I'm not a fan, especially since VirtualMin is free and does the same thing tongue.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Well, I'm on shared hosting still, so at the whim of ASO. :/

The only error_log I see is in /public_html/threads and is only 3K and hasn't changed since 1/26/17

I don't see anything in / except /logs which seems to be the access logs w/o any obvious errors seen after gzipping the latest one (I know I didn't have to ever do that before to see the full error log!)

cPanel's Error page only shows a few from the past hour -- the previous ones disappeared! "Last 300" my butt.... never mind, not worth the aggravation. LOL Thanks, tho... wink

UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29