Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
journeyman
journeyman
S Offline
How do I remove "Forums Powered by UBB Threads" in Title?

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
header.tpl in the title section. wink

addict
addict
However you go against the licensing agreement to do so. You would have to pay for the unbranded license. I think in another thread Rick did say you could take out the version number but that was about all.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S Offline
Thanks that worked smile

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Originally Posted by Dunny
However you go against the licensing agreement to do so. You would have to pay for the unbranded license. I think in another thread Rick did say you could take out the version number but that was about all.

Removing it from the forum title is fine. The footer reference just needs to be left intact. The unbranded allows you to remove all references.

addict
addict
ahh my mistake

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Rick
The unbranded allows you to remove all references.

Just out of interest, if you buy the unbranded license is it down to the individual to remove the branding themselves and if so, does the licence come with instructions on how to do this?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's down to the individual and nothing yet as far as instructions as it's currently just editing the header and footer templates and removing the text/links.

We'll be putting in an option at some point to allow the easy renaming of the ubbthreads.php script as well.

Journeyman
Journeyman
It's down to the individual and nothing yet as far as instructions as it's currently just editing the header and footer templates and removing the text/links.

We'll be putting in an option at some point to allow the easy renaming of the ubbthreads.php script as well.

Has this option been explored further?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
M4TT,

Feel free to customize the language string to display whatever you want it to display. I believe its in the "general" language file. edit it through the inbuilt language editor within the control panel. If its not there, follow the directions previously posted in this thread (from 2010) and edit your header template.

both options are simple for an end user to do, and can be done right within the control panel.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by isaac
M4TT,

Feel free to customize the language string to display whatever you want it to display. I believe its in the "general" language file. edit it through the inbuilt language editor within the control panel. If its not there, follow the directions previously posted in this thread (from 2010) and edit your header template.

both options are simple for an end user to do, and can be done right within the control panel.

Thank you, yes I've successfully managed to modify the header and footer... However, there remains the ubbthreads.php script name as Rick pointed out earlier... It's not a big deal, but it does look a lot more visible than either of the two, as the address bar doesn't hide it on any page. I understand it could take a lot of rewriting. If I were a developer, I'd keep the script name as is unless someone's opted for branding removal, it could be renamed during installation; perhaps a separate archive.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Just be sure to leave the footer branding data, as it's a license violation to remove it without purchasing the license rights to do so.

As for the script name, there are several hardcoded values of ubbthreads.php, so just renaming it isn't going to work.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Just be sure to leave the footer branding data, as it's a license violation to remove it without purchasing the license rights to do so.

As for the script name, there are several hardcoded values of ubbthreads.php, so just renaming it isn't going to work.

Yep, I've purchased a license and opted for branding removal. Juuuust wondering if Rick's idea of easily renaming the script was scrapped...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's not something that I have any intention of working on at this juncture; plus I'd feel uncomfortable doing so without UBBSystems (the owner of UBB.threads) specifically requesting this.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29