Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#260212 05/19/2017 6:04 PM
M
M Offline
My web host provider just upgraded the shared server my site runs on and I now get the following error

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bbcode has a deprecated constructor in /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/libs/bbcode.inc.php on line 8

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; mailer has a deprecated constructor in /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/libs/mailer.inc.php on line 8

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/libs/mysql.inc.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php(92): sql->connect() #1 /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/ubbthreads.php(53): require_once('/home/mytoosco/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/mytoosco/public_html/forum/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 21

It appears they upgraded the server to PHP version 7.

In addition they may have made changes to the mysql.

They are basically telling me I am out of luck.

Is there anything I can do?

I can't even log in to the backup my database.

Help, please.

MichaelM #260213 05/19/2017 6:08 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads is not compatible with PHP7 at this time, ideally PHP5.6 is what you'd want to be on; some hosts allow users to select the version of PHP that their site operates with. Additionally, UBB.threads requires mysql_connect, your host should have the handler installed for backwards compatibility.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
MichaelM #260215 05/19/2017 6:18 PM
M
M Offline
They do not seem to have a handler installed for mysql_connect and have virtually no interest in helping me.
Can you recommend a hosting provider that I can move my site too?
How do I go about migrating my site without having access to the ubbt admin page?

MichaelM #260216 05/19/2017 6:25 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I can personally recommend Stable Host (VPS), Blue Host (Business Hosting), or Interserver.net as I have used, or have worked with clients who have used these providers.

I do not know if they offer migration services, but it is something that I offer if they do not.

You do not have to migrate your site from within UBB.threads, in fact I would advise against using any backups created from the admin script as they will be subject to the PHP max execution time setting, which could leave you assuming that you have a solid archive when you in fact only have a chunk that was created up until the connection timed out.

A backup should be created (and restored from on the new machine) from the command line interface (SSH), as discussed in my Migration Guide on UBBWiki.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
MichaelM #260218 05/19/2017 7:37 PM
M
M Offline
How much do you charge to migrate a site?

MichaelM #260219 05/19/2017 7:41 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
$125/hr, depending on the size of your forums and all data I'd guesstimate 2 hours.

What all scripts do you have installed? How large is your database?

MichaelM #260220 05/19/2017 7:55 PM
M
M Offline
I have just the ubb threads forum scripts installed.
I did an export of the sql database and the file (localhost.sql) is 405 meg.
Do you have instructions on how to migrate a ubbt forum?

I purchased an account with Stable Host.
I am copy files (via FTP) from my existing site and upload them to the new site.
I will then give it a try to set up the new site.

Gizmo #260221 05/19/2017 9:38 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The Migration Guide on UBBWiki covers how to backup your database and compress it, and uncompressing the files and setting permissions; you will still need to get a snapshot of your database from the old location and imported to the new.

MichaelM #260224 05/23/2017 1:12 PM
M
M Offline
Thank you very much for your help. Moving from Westhost to Stable Host was much easier than I feared.

Thanks again,
Mike

MichaelM #260225 05/23/2017 1:23 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm glad to hear that you're back up and running again! The guys at stable host are very knowledgeable, and their helpdesk has a great response time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29