Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#261053 01/25/2018 6:01 PM
P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P Offline
I recently moved my forum host to GoDaddy.

All is fine but one issue... Its not sending emails!

URL: www.vccachat.org

I'm using google gsuite for email hosting. I can send/receive emails from/to webmaster@vccachat.org

But the forum is not sending emails. At all. No password reminders in particular. How do i setup UBB to properly send emails? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Peter

Peter Gariepy

www.aaca.org - Antique Automobile Club of America
http://forums.aaca.org - AACA Forums
www.iCLIPART.com - Net's BEST clipart site!
www.MrBeer.com - Brew beer at home.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You should ask your host to check the mail spooler on the server to see if mails are indeed being sent. Where mails being sent before you moved to GoDaddy? UBB.threads uses PHPMailer to send mail, you should ask your host if they filter traffic from PHPMailer (as some might as it sends mail and users on their servers could have gotten it flagged on their server).

Also, if you use the search you'll find numerous issues with GoDaddy as a host in the past.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Also, some hosts require that, in order to send a message, the account being sent from be registered on your webhosting account; so if you're using external email you'll want to be sure the address exists on your host.

An example would be if you send mail as "noreply@example.com" it would need to be an account on your hosting server. All webhosts are different, but this is something that you could check.

Some servers also don't send mail out as it is sent, it is placed in the mail spooler with a delay; BlueHost is one such host, messages can take 1 minute or 1 hour to send (I'd assume based on how many messages are sent per X period).

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You might also check if your mailserver IP is blacklisted, which can be a common thing on shared hosts; your messages could be ending up in spam folders vs not being sent.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29