Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#261053 01/25/2018 6:01 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 51
P
Journeyman
Journeyman
P Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 51
I recently moved my forum host to GoDaddy.

All is fine but one issue... Its not sending emails!

URL: www.vccachat.org

I'm using google gsuite for email hosting. I can send/receive emails from/to [email protected]

But the forum is not sending emails. At all. No password reminders in particular. How do i setup UBB to properly send emails? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Peter



Peter Gariepy

www.aaca.org - Antique Automobile Club of America
http://forums.aaca.org - AACA Forums
www.iCLIPART.com - Net's BEST clipart site!
www.MrBeer.com - Brew beer at home.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You should ask your host to check the mail spooler on the server to see if mails are indeed being sent. Where mails being sent before you moved to GoDaddy? UBB.threads uses PHPMailer to send mail, you should ask your host if they filter traffic from PHPMailer (as some might as it sends mail and users on their servers could have gotten it flagged on their server).

Also, if you use the search you'll find numerous issues with GoDaddy as a host in the past.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Also, some hosts require that, in order to send a message, the account being sent from be registered on your webhosting account; so if you're using external email you'll want to be sure the address exists on your host.

An example would be if you send mail as "[email protected]" it would need to be an account on your hosting server. All webhosts are different, but this is something that you could check.

Some servers also don't send mail out as it is sent, it is placed in the mail spooler with a delay; BlueHost is one such host, messages can take 1 minute or 1 hour to send (I'd assume based on how many messages are sent per X period).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You might also check if your mailserver IP is blacklisted, which can be a common thing on shared hosts; your messages could be ending up in spam folders vs not being sent.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)