Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#261422 05/08/2018 7:12 AM
T
T Offline
Hi guys

My forums are not confirming email registrations to Gmail addresses from what I can see. It would appear my server or the domains on my server have been marked as spam or are being blocked by Gmail. This despite not using any kind of bulk mailing practices. We don't even have any mailing lists. We only use support/admin email and the emails associated to the forums.

Is there any known and trusted member within this community that I can hire to set up Gmails recommendations to try and prevent this problem? I have hired people before but have lost their credentials. The guy who usually helps me is, I believe, unwell and this is kinda urgent.

Thanks smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Any error messages from remote servers will be contained within our mail log; example (the server IP and system response key has been removed from the below example):
ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550-5.7.1 [systemip 7] Our system has detected that this message is\n550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,\n550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit\n550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedMessageError\n550 5.7.1 for more information. responsekey.176 - gsmtp
The above error links to the Error Message page at Google. "Trusted" sites have a reverse DNS on their IP addresses (which must be done through your webhost, generally they don't delegate control over ip addresses to leased servers), and a DKIM or SPF policy (which I believe is default on most modern DNS configurations).

There is a vast array of items that could be going wrong, you could be blacklisted (Blacklist Check), you may not be using a SPF or DKIM key on your DNS, or users could have reported your address as spam (like the above example message), or you may not have a reverse DNS entry for your server IP address (which would get your domain blacklisted through some overzealous services).

Also, if you're sending mail from one domain (mysite@gmail.com) on behalf of another domain (forum@example.com) gmail also may be dropping the messages as well for "masquerading" as another entity.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 624 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29