Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Old Hand
Old Hand
Create a gallery, use the file manger to upload files one by one with drag and drop (I use Firefox) If the windows grows up with more and more files it begins to shrink horizontal with every upload. You have to finish the uploads and open the manager again to get full size.

Can you verify the bug? I try some styles but the error seems to be in all ones.

Regards Zarzal

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
thanks for this.

it's a known issue. had been waiting on the 3rd party app to get updated, but I dont see that as happening any time soon, since it hasn't been fixed since at least the past year or so.

I'll revisit the display issue again for a future update of UBB.threads.

In the mean time, since this is just a display issue, know that we are aware of it, and will have it resolved.

Again, thanks for reporting this.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
update: Fixed!

I took a closer look in to what was happening with the page redrawing. I've made a few CSS updates to the Attachment Manager to hopefully prevent this from happening again. The fix will be included with the upcoming UBB.threads 7.7.0 release.

note: my research returned some results regarding OSx Lion monkeying-around with the CSS overflow-y property. OSx Lion was released mid 2011. I dont run Lion, or know anyone running OSx Lion that I can run tests on. Although I have tested with iOS 9 and iOS 12. Everything looks good.

Veteran
Veteran
I have this issue on my one site but not the other. The site running the latest version of UBB has this issue per my UBB license, have not upgraded my license for the other as it is not a busy site so I didn't bother upgrading that license.

One site is running 7.6.0 and the other with the problem is running 7.6.1

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted by isaac
update: Fixed!

I took a closer look in to what was happening with the page redrawing. I've made a few CSS updates to the Attachment Manager to hopefully prevent this from happening again. The fix will be included with the upcoming UBB.threads 7.7.0 release.

note: my research returned some results regarding OSx Lion monkeying-around with the CSS overflow-y property. OSx Lion was released mid 2011. I dont run Lion, or know anyone running OSx Lion that I can run tests on. Although I have tested with iOS 9 and iOS 12. Everything looks good.

Should I take the time and poke around in the code and release a fix for those whom run sites that are image intensive so everyone doesn’t have to wait till whenever for the update / fix?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The last build was released three months ago, which with the timeline of the product is pretty recent. Plus this display issue only affects image previews in the uploaded script, which was only introduced in 760; it's not exactly a critical issue, as your users can still upload images.

Current code for this feature does not exist in older builds, and we're not going to rush this build as it contains some huge changes for PHP7.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Veteran
Veteran
The issue I am seeing is when you go to attach a file or actually many files. Then each file causes the window to get longer and more narrow. If you delete a file the progression continues.

Now I am poking around in the code in 7.6.1 where the issue began when you change the entire file attachment area and see it looking for a class class="cbattach" and can not find this in ANY .css file in the UBB. This class reference is located in newpost.tpl and newreply.tpl.

Perhaps I was misunderstanding the issue in the beginning on this thread. My misunderstandings have been quite a few in relation to the UBB over the years, perhaps why I quit the beta program......

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by JAISP
Now I am poking around in the code in 7.6.1 where the issue began when you change the entire file attachment area
The issue has been in all versions of UBB.threads file/attachment manager from 7.6.2 and prior.

It wasnt as apparent in 7.5.x because the Attachment Manager window wasnt integrated in to a modern lightbox. The Attachment Manager window was a re-sizable window outside of the current browser tab.

With UBB.threads 7.6.x, the Attachment Manager window was updated to use modern standards, to be mobile friendly. The constantly reappearing and disappearing scroll bar is what causes the change in size of the window.

This was entirely why I referenced OSx Lion above. Research returns results to say that Opera on OSx Lion is wonky with some overflow-y properties. example: https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/force-vertical-scrollbar/

Veteran
Veteran
Interesting. I wonder why these various browsers cant come up with some sort of standard with reguards to many many things. It makes it hell on web programmers such as yourself for sure.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by JAISP
I wonder why these various browsers cant come up with some sort of standard with reguards to many many things.

Browser engines:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_engine#Notable_engines
and:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_browser_engines
...oh, and operating systems.

Have fun with this.
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/
and:
https://www.w3.org/standards/techs/html#w3c_all
and:
https://www.w3.org/standards/techs/css#w3c_all

It evolves. That's why we move past version 1.0.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29