Title: UBB.threads System Requirements Test
Release - Initial: 20150502
Release - Latest: 20200304
Author: Adapted and Expanded by James Corthell, VNC Web Services
Demo: UBB.Wiki, UBB.Developers
Documentation: UBB.threads System Requirements Test
Download: UBB.Wiki Archive
Support: UBB.Developers: UBB.threads System Requirements Test

A full set of developer notes can be found within the documentation page.

Last edited by Gizmo; 04/28/2020 12:48 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Old Hand
Old Hand
James if I wish to use this script where do I put it?

/forums is where I keep my UBBThreads

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Generally in the web root

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Old Hand
Old Hand
Giz, Thanks to this script I was able to learn how to change settings my self by using the The MultiPHP INI editor.
Thanks a lot the settings are now according to the recommendations.
smile

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script was updated on January 1st; major code cleanup and feature updates.

Release Build 20190101
- Major retooling of the UBB.threads Configuration Parser
- Build now displays at the top of the page.
- System checks for PHP7 and PHP7.1 for UBB.threads v7.7; there is a check for builds of PHP7.2+ which are not currently compatible with UBB.threads.
- System checks retooled for PHP7 support.
- Added checks for MySQLi Connect and MySQL Connect
- Added min/max reporting to the System Requirements section
- Added ImageMagick binary path detection
- Added an Insert Break function which will break long strings (URLs) on the page where necessary.
- Code and display cleanup
- Retooled the maximum upload size allowed, should always show the correct value.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Happy Scouting Giz,

When you arrive back and find a minute, I did put the script in same folder as ubbthreads are in
and to my surprise i got this result

System Requirements Met
Your system meets all of the PHP requirements for UBB.threads:
Minimum Version: v7.5.7
Maximum Version: v7.7.x

UBB.threads Configuration
You have indicated that you would like to test your UBB.threads configuration, but the file could not be found in the path: forum/includes/config.inc.php

Additional Information
Compatible UBB.threads Versions:
Minimum: v7.5.7
Maximum: v7.7.x

The config file is in forums/includes why would the test look in wrong folder? What shall I do?
Thanks

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
@morgan

edit the config settings inside the script file to match your correct path.

or move the script one level above your /forums directory. it's looking for your confirmation file to be in the /forums subdirectory of where you placed it.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Old Hand
Old Hand
Isaac,
if you mean "xxxxxx.xxxx "then I put it in
- web root
- web root/forums and also in /xxxxxx
all with same result ....but the file could not be found in the path: forum/includes/config.inc.php
I tried to look into ubbt_test.php but could not find where to change it. what am I missing?

Last edited by Morgan; 01/12/2019 5:34 PM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
edit line 15 change it from forum to forums.(plural)
Your site is:
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Not
http://www.britbike.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

and place the script in the root as gizmo suggested

Last edited by Ruben; 01/12/2019 5:13 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Old Hand
Old Hand
ok got it, is it ok to remove the posts or the info that point to folders files on my server?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
Originally Posted by Morgan
ok got it, is it ok to remove the posts or the info that point to folders files on my server?
I am not sure I understand what you men by that

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Old Hand
Old Hand
the paths to config

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You only need to include the path to the forums in order to parse your configuration, if you're not looking for that functionally, just remove the path.

Placing the file in your forum folder will also populate the config parser, hence why it's recommended to install on your web root.

I may add a tick to disable parsing of the configuration, while still allowing the path to be set to allow just for a database and file version check.

Stranger
Stranger
Just refreshed my Member Area access for this software. Missed last 2 versions as I intended to wait for PHP7 support since UBB was the last script on my site that wasn't compatible with it. Will update from 7.5.9 as soon as 7.7.0 is released and tell the host to move my site to PHP7.1. I'll happily be taking that extra speed.

Thanks Isaac, Gizmo, and other for making it happen. thumbsup

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20190121 release has the following changes:
- Added an option to not parse the config file when the path is populated; this will allow a version check without a full configuration file parse.
- Added a MySQL Version Check when the path is populated, this will display your MySQL Server version in the Additional Information area.
- Retooled the min/max version version check to display a combined warning when the system doesn't support UBB.threads.
- Added a tick to switch the list style, current options are now 0/Bullets, 1/Fancy Indicators (FA Coffee Mugs), 2/Numerated, 3/Roman Numerals
- Lowered the check value of "max_execution_time" to be at least 30 seconds (from 60 seconds).

TLDR; You can now have a version check without a full configuration parsing, check your MySQL version, added a version check for the v7.7.0 release which includes PHP7.0-PHP7.3 support, more list formats, and a lower max_execution_time check.

Old Hand
Old Hand
It keeps looking for forum/includes but I have forums/includes which line shall I change?

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If $config["path"] is not blank, it'll always check that directory for your config.inc.php; if you don't want it to look there at all then set it to blank "" and it will no longer auto check that folder.

If you want it to check that folder and NOT parse your configuration, you'd set the folder and set $config["parse"] to 0.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I changed the path to forums and it worked , then changed parse to "1" and got all info but I don't want to post it here, not sure how to read it. I'm interested to know how to do with my other topic about cloud fare

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, this is the thread for the UBB.threads System Requirements Test Script, the script that informs you of potential issues with your hosting configuration; CloudFlare is not a part of that.

The items you're parsing are the settings you've made in your UBB.threads configuration over the years, it's there as a support avenue when something isn't working right.

Old Hand
Old Hand
OK thank you Gizmo now I get support thing, never mind me mentioning the cf, thanks for your service smile

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20190628 release has the following changes (Release Announcement):
- Added: Database Statistics now display when including your UBB.threads configuration (Server Version, Database Size, Max Allowed Connections, Max Allowed Packet, Index Usage, Query Cache Size)
- Added: Introduced a human readable parsing option for items requiring a comma
- Added: New v7.7.2 configuration variables (Identicons, Social Fields, HTTPs Images, News Images, IP & Location URLs, UTF8 Conversion)
- Added: SMTP values are now in the suppressed items array
- Added: There is now an option to display the page output as a text only listing which suppresses all page styling.
- Fix: Maximum Upload Size Allowed has been updated to use min() to detect the smaller value.
- Fix: Reported Path now suppresses its value when $conf["mask"] is enabled
- Updated: "build_check" Function, and Code/Styling Updates & Cleanup

TLDR; Database Statistics are now available, along with new configuration strings for the configuration parser. There are a couple of bug fixes, and some code was cleaned up.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The UBB.threads System Requirements Test script has been updated, the 20190727 release has the following changes:
- Added: Added a filesize display, which will show filesizes as they're expected (as bytes/megabytes/gigabytes; see $conf["filesize"]).
- Added: Added a human readable display, which will commify any large numbers (see $conf["human"]).
- Added: We now check for the PHP function "exif_read_data" which can read your device orientation for photo uploads.
- Added: We now check for the PHP Handler "suphp" and provide a warning if your $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] has chmods greater than 755.
- Added: We now check for the UBB.threads configuration variable "IPGEO_LOOKUP" (Enable Reverse Geo-IP Lookups).
- Added: Introduced a basic troubleshooter which will detect issues with your UBB.threads configuration
- Added: Added a troubleshooter for chmods greater than 755 while operating under suphp for both your forum and forum admin folders.
- Added: Added a troubleshooter which will alert you to missing ImageMagick paths when it is detected on the system but values are not in your UBB.threads configuration.
- Added: Added a troubleshooter which will alert you when both GD and ImageMagick appear to be missing from your system.
- Change: The "max_execution_time" notice now recommends a value no higher than 60.
- Change: The Admin Log Path, SQL Log Path, and Session Path values are set to be scrubbed by default; if you would like to share those paths and private data you may set the $conf["private"] variable to 1 (default 0).
- Change: Various code cleanup and CSS formatting changes.

TLDR; A new troubleshooting tool, new compatibility checks for UBB.threads requirements and suphp detection, human readable filesizes and numbers, and protected private paths for logging directories.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Thank you Gizmo I changed "max_execution_time" from 120 >> 60
cheers

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29