: James Corthell, VNC Web ServicesCurrent Release
: 20171220 (Click Here
to always be directed to the latest version).Demo
: UBB.threads System Requirements TestAbout
System Requirements Test is a standalone script which will test your hosting environment for various required libraries and will alert you to potential issues that you may run into with your sites configuration.Check Examples
- PHP Version
- PHP File Get Contents
- PHP Allow URL FOpen - File Get Contents Remote URLs
- PHP fsockopen
- PHP Max Input Vars
- PHP Max Execution Time
- PHP Memory Limit
-- Suhosin - Post Max Vars
-- Suhosin - Request Max Vars
- Maximum Execution Time
- Maximum UBB.threads
- Maximum Upload File Size
- Memory Limit
- PHP Interface
- PHP Version
- Reported Host
- Reported IP
- Reported OS
- Reported Path
- Reported Port
- Post Max Size
- Upload Maximum Filesize
- ZLibDeveloper Notes
Release Build 20171220
• Configuration Display - Will display a human readable view of the UBB.threads
Configuration file; sensitive information, such as passwords and API keys are scrubbed for security (default).
• Option to mask the server paths from the UBB.threads
Configuration Display (not masked by default).
• Updated UBB.threads
PHP Compatibility Check (PHP v5.4 is the recommended build of PHP for UBB.threads
• Another reworking of the script style.
• The fancy icons (FontAwesome) are now disabled by default.
• Now linking to the HTTPS versions of the UBB.threads
sites in the footer.
• The Maximum Upload Size calculation should now display the correct value.
Release Build 20170525
• Another style update, easier on the eyes and more modern
• Fixed broken URL in "about"
• Version Check has been updated to have a check for PHP5.4+ (UBB.threads
v7.6.x) and v7.5.9 was updated to read out UBB.threads
v7.5.10 (the end of the v7.5 series)
• Version Check has been updated to check for a MINIMUM supported version
• Compatibility Listing now shows the Max/Min versions in "Additional Information" vs just the maximum supported.
• Maximum Upload Size displayed (the larger of "post_max_size" and "upload_max_filesize")
Release Build 20170227
• Fancy Indicators - An option has been added for "Fancy Indicators" (cups of coffee vs bullets), which is on by default.
• BASE64 Favicon - The UBBWiki favicon has been added as a BASE64 encoded image.
• New Color Scheme - New, Faster, and Revamped!
• Update Check - An option to check UBBWiki for the latest version, to ensure you're using the most up to date version of code checks (we assume that file_get_contents exists and allow_url_fopen is enabled; which are base functions and are required to use the Stop Forum Spam functionality in UBB.threads
• Additional Checks - mb_convert_case (required for UTF8 support, which is required for future PHP7 support), allow_url_fopen (which is required for Stop Forum Spam to function).
Release Build 20170202
• Added a check for the PHP "mysql_connect" function, which is required to connect to the MySQL database.
• Added a "linkback" function and linked all of the error/warning messages to their anchor on this Wiki page.
• Updated several comments to checks which aren't yet live (they're commented out because UBB.threads
does not require them current (mysqli_connect, spl_autoload_register, PDO::ATTR_DRIVER_NAME, max_input_time, suhosin.get.max_vars)
Release Build 20170101
• Added additional checks for file_get_contents and fsockopen (used by the Stop Forum Spam feature).
• Added a target to all of the links, so that you stay on page while reading additional information.
• Removed most v7.6.0 notices, to make the script target past UBB.threads
builds as well.
• Updated styling.
• Updated URLs to UBBWiki and VNC Web Services to default to SSL.
Release Build 20160222
• Added a notice for lack of PHP7 support, if detected.
• Added coding for future checks of MySQLi and PDO, depending on future plans for PHP7 compatibility.
• General Code Cleanup
• Maximum UBB.threads
version check added; will check your reported PHP version against the minimum requirements for UBB.threads
on all versions in the 7.5.x series as well as the upcoming 7.6.x series.
• Modified how several existing checks reported information.
• Added a display of the detected operating system and interface used by the web server.
Release Build 20151204
• Now HTML5 valid
• General Script Cleanup
• Will now always display values for PHP Maximum Execution Time, PHP Memory Limit, and the PHP Version running on the server.
Release Build 20150914
• Added checks for filter_var and the display of the unadjusted server time.
Release Build 20150502
• Initial public build.