Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#263359 12/25/2019 10:29 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi, I think a future update should make banning Users are whole lot easier to do and find.

I can't find the page very easily to input an IP address to ban and when I do I often forget where it is. Please make it more visible or have a moderation tools category in the control panel. I've often resorted to just banning IPs straight from the server.

Also, when a forum allows anonymous uses to post, there should be a drop down feature of mod tools to just hit ban or suspend for example.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
So, to clarify; you want to remove the Ban Lists page from the Member Management section of the Control Panel, and instead place it within a new "Moderator Tools" section?..

I'd expect for the option to maintain ban lists to be within the user management pages where it is, and never have had an issue with managing the ban lists for the 20 or so communities that I help moderate.

BTW, the IP Ban and EMail Ban systems in UBB.threads only ban users from the registration system. The Stop Forum Spam functionality will patrol any logins and registrations from spammers in their system.

There is no method within UBB.threads that will actually do an IP Ban to block guest level content from any users, and this is where one would utilize their .htaccess file to outright ban users from the server; however, IP addresses are rarely static (stay the same for longer than several weeks) and you might just end up banning ISP Proxys (whereby all users in one area are appearing as the same user) or VPN users (whereby users subscribe to a service to hide their identity, which allows anonymity as multiple users are appearing as the same user).

If you're looking to ban specific users, you can find the "ban user" option within their profile in the Control Panel; this affects specific users, so it is a tool within the administration page for the user account in question.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/26/2019 6:22 PM. Reason: Further reading.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29