Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Stranger
Stranger
I want to start this by saying that I am very new to all this....

Last night I updated from 7.6.2 to 7.7.2 Everything worked and the site came back up. However now if I directly type in the URL

www.machinebuildersnetwork.com I get an html error. If I use the full URL that it previously redirected to it works fine. http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/ubbthreads.php

I put in a ticket for help and Brooks told me I needed to "meta refresh HTML file, or edit the .htaccess file to redirect them to the board." which I am sure is great advice if I knew how to make a meta refresh HTML file or what to update in the .htaccess file.

Any help is appreciated

I know a lot of stuff about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn, Like computer lingo.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
To see what's missing, compare your backup archive (from prior to your upgrade) with your current live folder.

Do you have the index.php from the install archive, in the top of your forum's directory?

[Linked Image]

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Also confirm that whatever .htaccess file you previously had in your forum folder (when your forum was working as expected), that you still have it in place.

".htaccess" is not part of UBB.threads. This is your web server's configuration file for use running the its Apache Web Server software. It is used to alter the configuration of the Apache Web Server software to enable/disable additional functionality and features that your Apache Web Server software has to offer.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Stranger
Stranger
I moved the old index.php file back into position and it is working now. I don't have any files on the top level directory that end with .htaccess

anyway moving that file back fixed the issue. Thanks for the quick help.

Is it possible to have two logins linked to the same licence. Jim created this account but I will probably do most of the server stuff. I have a UBB username but it's not linked to this user license.

Trenton (Jims partner on the site)

I know a lot of stuff about a lot of things BUT I still have a lot to learn, Like computer lingo.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Jim0421
Is it possible to have two logins linked to the same licence. Jim created this account but I will probably do most of the server stuff. I have a UBB username but it's not linked to this user license.
You can post on the forums without needing to be on the license; the license system is tied to the owners email as they're responsible for payments.

We ask that, if having users who are not owners of your organization post here on these forums, that they have access to the system to perform maintenance tasks as these forums are user to user support within the UBB.threads community (and is not operated by the UBBCentral administration).

We have, in the past, had users from various communities showing up here and making requests on behalf of their community (which should really be done on their forums), who have no access to be able to perform the troubleshooting tasks we've had to devise to support their issues, thus wasting time of 3rd party developers that are here to help other community owners.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Stranger
Stranger
Gotya, thanks for the quick help

Look over our site when you get a free minute and tell us what you think.

http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Machine Builders Network

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29