Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
I am doing a fresh install, and when I get to the create tables, it just hangs. Is there a log or anything to show what the problem is? Using Mariadb.

I saw the following on the wiki?
mysql_connect The mysql_connect function is how we connect to the MySQL Database; currently, we do not support mysqli_connect (MySQLi) or PDO::ATTR_DRIVER_NAME (PDO) and require mysql_connect. Note You may see an error similar to: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() PHP v7 users (PHP7 is not compatible with any version of UBB.threads) users will see an error similar to: "Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead"

Read more about UBB.threads System Requirements Test - Wiki at https://www.ubbwiki.com/wiki/view/104/ubb-threads-system-requirements-test.html#mysql_connect
©UBBWiki

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thanks for the notice, I'll update the wiki page; v7.7+ supports PHP7 (which doesn't have mysql_connect and instead uses mysqli_connect).

What errors do your system logs show? Have you run the System Requirements Test script? It'll detect any problems in your hosting config.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads supports PHP 7.x with MySQLi since UBB.threads version 7.7.0, released January 2019.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...released-php-7-mysqli-faster-more-secure

EDIT:
Check Gizmo's post above cool

Last edited by isaac; 04/25/2020 6:25 PM.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
J
J Offline
The installer goes through fine, but when it gets to create tables, it just hangs. You can look at the ubbt_test at:
https://test.deep-blue-sea.org/ubbt_test.php

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Does the database already exist, or is the installer attempting to create it for you? Some systems, for security, will not allow scripts to create databases and instead require them to be created via their control panel software.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
J
J Offline
The database already exists, I logged into it, as the ubb user, and was able to create a table from the mysql command line. Seems like a communication issue. Is there any config or log file to look at?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Your server logs should show any connection issues; as UBB.treads is not yet configured on the machine it wouldn't know where to write logs.

J
J Offline
I am not showing any connections from my ubbthreads user. I logged in to mysql and created and deleted a table. This shows in the logs, interesting that ubb test the connection, and does not show up in the log. Wonder what it is connecting to?

J
J Offline
Ok, I saw the ubb_test table created and dropped when I did the database test connect from the installer. Just hangs in the create table. Is this trying to write somewhere where it might have a permission problem? All the permissions tests passed.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hmm, if all of the system paths are correct on the initial screen and the user can connect to the database I'm not entirely sure; you're positive that the user account has permission to write to the database and is connecting via localhost (or the user accounts ip is correct for their access permissions if you're using a secondary server to host a database).

Do you by chance have any security extensions installed on your browser that could be stopping variables from being passed between webpages?

J
J Offline
I narrowed it down in createtable.php
Where are you trying to read/write this file?
require_once("includes/config.inc.php");

J
J Offline
It did not like firefox, ran ok in chrome. odd... Thanks for the help.

Another firefox issue.
And it is not just UBB it seems to be any type of form submitter it just hangs or does not display the next step page so I switch to edge when it happens.
In fact I can't login to my bank or insurance site with firefox anymore.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben
Another firefox issue.
And it is not just UBB it seems to be any type of form submitter it just hangs or does not display the next step page so I switch to edge when it happens.
In fact I can't login to my bank or insurance site with firefox anymore.
++++1
I've been having the same issues (with Firefox) in Joomla.
Not just Firefox though, some oddities occur with whatever the new version of IE is called.
Chrome seems to be okay, but for best results, I have to use Opera(!)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Guys, make sure your configs are set to the url scheme you are accessing your sites with.

if your sites are HTTPS, open your config.ini.php file and search for "http:" to replace that with "https:"

Ive seen many times that just because an .htaccess is set to forward visitors from http to https, the site admin belives that is the inly step they need to take during the http -> https updates.

Completely configure your website to use what you are telling it to use. There is no way around this. They are different protocols. Switching between protocols means switching between connections.

If you fail to do this, browsers with strict security protections could/will fail to pass along data from one page to the next.

1 member likes this: Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by driv
Not just Firefox though, some oddities occur with whatever the new version of IE is called.
Chrome seems to be okay, but for best results, I have to use Opera(!)

Microsoft's new Edge browser is Chromium-based:
2018-12-06 - Microsoft announced its intent to base Edge on the Chromium source code, using the same rendering engine as Google Chrome but with enhancements developed by Microsoft.
2019-04-08 - The first Chromium-based builds of Edge for Windows were released to the public.
2020-01-15 - The new Edge was released.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsofts-edge-to-morph-into-a-chromium-based-cross-platform-browser/

Microsoft Edge and Chromium Open Source:
https://github.com/MicrosoftEdge/MSEdge

In my case the https is in place in the config.inc.php file.
Since the last big update from firefox I have issues with completing forms and logins at:
Wells Fargo bank
Medicare
Unitedhealthcare
Social security.
Just to name a few.
And I have been a advocate of firefox for many years.
I have even turned off the windows firewall and trend micro internet security with no success.
So I have resulted to using microsoft edge more than firefox. currently with no issues. Other than I use firefox on occasion because I like the element inspector better.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Additional Reading:
Cross Site Cookie Tracking, as the name indicates, cross site cookie tracking is a way of tracking that detects and follows users on their journey across different websites.

Other items that are affected by cross site data exchanges:
+ Data set by different scheme, http vs https but on the same domain.
+ Data set by forums.example.com vs www.example.com. vs example.com
+ Current website data with data linked from a third-party. For example, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter 'share' and 'like' buttons are present on the vast majority of websites. Or even an incorrectly configured CDN for linked site assets.

If the latest version of a modern browser is impacting the functionality of a website, you may want to revisit your browser's "tracking protection" settings. Your issue may also be resolved simply by visiting the website directly, and not from within an "In Private/Incognito" window while attempting to configure your forum/script software. The majority of the people accessing those websites are connecting directly, without any customizations to their browsers at all.

An older version version of a browser (or one with less support) could be working for you because it does not support those security protections that you have enabled in a modern browser.

Last edited by isaac; 04/26/2020 4:36 PM.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Ruben
And I have been a advocate of firefox for many years.
I have even turned off the windows firewall and trend micro internet security with no success.
So I have resulted to using microsoft edge more than firefox. currently with no issues. Other than I use firefox on occasion because I like the element inspector better.
What is your Enhanced Tracking Protection level set to in Firefox (in options/security)? I think that feature may be what is stopping form variables from being passed between pages, as submitting content between pages acts like a tracker would.

1 member likes this: isaac
it is set to custom with only fingerprinters checked(which is the default)

Blue Man Group
J
J Offline
I have most everything installed and working. I can't get the images to upload. I checked folder permissions, and everything is 777.
This is the version of IM I have installed.
Version: ImageMagick 7.0.10-8 Q16 x86_64 2020-04-26 https://imagemagick.orgCopyright: © 1999-2020 ImageMagick Studio LLCLicense: https://imagemagick.org/script/license.phpFeatures: Cipher DPC HDRI OpenMP(4.5) Delegates (built-in):
I have the path set in the control panel /usr/local/bin/convert and can run it from the command line.
It seems like the files are not uploading, is there a port or permission that needs to be opened?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Are these attachments (which utilize the specified upload folder) or are these images for a gallery forum (which would utilize the /gallery folder; which would have its on permissions)?

Are all of the fields set in the Attachments settings (CP -> Master Settings -> Attachments)? Can you submit the attachment settings page in the control panel and attempt to upload again? (when you submit the page without changing settings it'll write any defaults that could be missing from your configuration file)

J
J Offline
Files were all jpgs. gallery and uploads are both 777. All the fields seem set.
Does the Absolute Path to Convert need to be a path? /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/bin/convert ?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Common paths to convert and mogrify, depending on the distribution of the server, are:
/usr/bin/convert
/usr/bin/mogrify

or

/usr/local/bin/convert
/usr/local/bin/mogrify

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29