Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#264879 05/30/2021 5:00 PM
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
How would I delete unused Custom Islands?

How would I make a Random Gallery Island? Can I do it from 2 Galleries?

E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Also,

I just upgraded from 7.7.3 to 7.7.5 and the Images in my existing Gallery Island are now cropped/zoomed somewhat whereas they were displayed correctly before (in 7.7.3) What changed? Can that be modified?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by ECNet
How would I delete unused Custom Islands?
There is not currently a method of removing Custom Islands, we would simply recommend that you disable them by no longer using them in your portal sidebars and deselect the "Always Build" checkmark within the Custom Island (if it is enabled). This will stop any code within these boxes from being executed..

How would I make a Random Gallery Island? Can I do it from 2 Galleries?
Gallery islands can be created via the Control Panel at: CP -> Portal & Islands -> Gallery Islands

If you wish to have a Random Gallery Image, this is a third party code from here; to feed from multiple forums you would need to customize the code. Note that 3rd party code that is not a part of the base package is not supported here at UBBCentral.

I just upgraded from 7.7.3 to 7.7.5 and the Images in my existing Gallery Island are now cropped/zoomed somewhat whereas they were displayed correctly before (in 7.7.3) What changed? Can that be modified?
As a part of mobile friendliness several aspects of the sidebars were updated in v7.7.x; this includes images in the random and latest image boxes will display images as squares; this is so that the boxes can be accounted for in the flow of the page design (mainly so that tall rectangles wouldn't make the boxes look super long or if the image was a wide skyscraper the images would be super long and difficult to click on). If the user wants to see the full image they will need to click ont he preview and look at the full image within the gallery. The Portal boxes are a preview of what the users will see, it is not the gallery itself.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Any New ideas to delete unused Custom Islands?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd disable it so you can re-use the island coding later. The system itself was designed so that the islands cannot be removed as some host configurations will not allow you to automatically re-create flat files that are on the system without proper configured permissions (CHMOD); so I'd leave them and modify them later if you need to use a custom island. Islands that are not in use are only ever displayed on the Custom Islands and Portal Settings pages in the Control Panel.

This feature has not had any attention in any recent releases, you can watch Changelogs to see if it has been addressed versus posting to ask; all Changelogs are available as they're posted in the Changelog Discussions forum

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Gizmo,

Thanks for the response.

I don't use them outside the Forum so deleting them would not be a problem for me. I didn't realize they could not be deleted and instead of Renaming/Updating them as time went on I kept creating new ones. I currently have 23, but only using 5 or 6 and it can get confusing.

In this case I'll rename the unused ones to something obvious so I don't confuse them with active ones, but being able to delete them would be a plus.

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29