Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#264930 07/03/2021 4:02 AM
You guys are now hosting my forums. Ever since I moved and we updated to the latest version, I am unable to upload and display pictures in my gallery forum. Here is what I see when I try:
[Linked Image]
The file uploads but won't display. I tried both png and jpg. I was able to upload the same files here on this forum. All other files uploaded in previous versions are working.
Is this a bug or a setting?
THANK YOU!

Last edited by JetStar; 07/03/2021 4:03 AM.

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
The Knights of Glory and Beer
Established 1997
I just registered at your site per your profile so I can look.
Waiting on approval

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
These forms are user-to-user support for the UBB.threads product; the hosting is provided by the vendor, UBBSystems, who does not utilize these forums. Any inquiries for hosting must be made through the support system.

We have exactly zero access to anything having to do with web hosting provided by UBBSystems.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Originally Posted by Ruben
Waiting on approval

Thanks Ruben. I gave you access to news section so you can see what I am talking about. Any help is appreciated.

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
Originally Posted by Gizmo
These forms are user-to-user support; the hosting is provided through UBBSystems and not through the support people on the forums. UBB systems does not utilize this forum; any inquiries for hosting must be made through the support system.

We have exactly zero access to anything having to do with web hosting provided by UBBSystems.

Thanks Gizmo. I sent you a couple of emails on hiring you for services as well as a request for quote to VNC. I have most of the issues worked out, but wanted to see if you are interested in some additional customization. You helped me a couple of years back, but we never finished as I was waiting for Centos 8 to get stable.

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Other than attempting to restore and upgrade the forums there was little that I could do with your situation previously (disaster recovery takes forever and would likely not be something you'd want to have to look at financing unless you can do much of the leg work yourself). We also had an emergency server move of UBBDev as our webhosting arrangement with the previous hosting had expired; so we've just now been having the dust settle.

What type of customizations are you looking at? I've never installed modifications on hosting provided by UBBSystems, do you have access to the machine through your hosting arrangement?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Other than attempting to restore and upgrade the forums there was little that I could do with your situation previously (disaster recovery takes forever and would likely not be something you'd want to have to look at financing unless you can do much of the leg work yourself). We also had an emergency server move of UBBDev as our webhosting arrangement with the previous hosting had expired; so we've just now been having the dust settle.

What type of customizations are you looking at? I've never installed modifications on hosting provided by UBBSystems, do you have access to the machine through your hosting arrangement?

I was not sure how the relationships work or much detail. This arrangement is only hours old. Let me know the best means to contact you and I will let you know what exactly I am looking for once I get things 100% back up and running.

Thanks for the response!

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Lol we just write software and help user to user forums (though helping on the user to user forums is something that Isaac and I have been doing since the 90s). You can contact me from the Contact Us page at VNC Web Services and I'll shoot you back an email when time permits.

The contact form at UBBDev should go to the same place, but the whole downtime fiasco with the former host (Groupee) caught us off guard as we've been busy with UBB.threads v8 (PHP8) development.

Lol we just write software and help user to user forums (though helping on the user to user forums is something that Isaac and I have been doing since the 90s). You can contact me from the Contact Us page at VNC Web Services and I'll shoot you back an email when time permits.

Thanks again Gizmo

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
Waiting on approval

You should have access to the news section gallery. Any luck?

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
I tested two images but when I attempt to post the topic in the gallery forum, it halts with a message
The host from which you are accessing the forum is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again.

Read this topic to correct it in the UBB cp.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/218421/Not_recognized_as_a_valid_host.html

Also image size is limited to 500KB.

Last edited by Ruben; 07/04/2021 1:15 PM. Reason: corrected typo

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I tested two images but when I attempt to post the topic in the gallery forum, it halts with a message
The host from which you are accessing the forum is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again.

As firewalls can block the referrer value from populating, it is not recommended to have the referrer check enabled (as it should be disabled by default).

Please ensure "Disable HTTP Referer Check" is selected:
CP -> Master Settings -> Primary -> Basic Tab -> Advanced Settings -> "Disable HTTP Referer Check"

From the notation: "Unselecting this item may cause login and posting issues for your members. We recommend keeping this box checked unless you have a special need for this feature."

[Linked Image]

Thanks Ruben and Gizmo. I made the change you suggested and am still having the same problem.
[Linked Image]
Interestingly enough, all the images that existed before the upgrade display just fine, it is just when trying to upload new images.

Regarding image size, the image I am testing with is less than 500k so this is not contributing to the issue above. I changed the max image size in attachments to 10MB, but gallery upload it is still showing 500k max. Is there another place to change this?

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
That would be in forum permissions.
"Max gallery image size"

Well now I can test the upload.

Which I just did with no issues
https://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php/galleries/145959/gallery-test

Where is the file you tried to use?
I would like to use it and test.

Blue Man Group
Hi guys. It looks like UBBSystems made a change and it works now. Thanks Ruben and Gizmo!

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
That would be in forum permissions.
"Max gallery image size"

Can you tell me where to find it? If I remember in older versions it was CP -> Master Settings -> Gallery Settings but I dont see that anymore.

JetStar
www.the-kgb.com
Established 1997
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You can access Forum Permissions from the Control Panel:
CP -> Permissions -> Forum (alternatively, you can also click "Permissions" next to the forum entry on CP -> Content -> Forums)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 322 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29