Print Thread
Hop To
M
Stranger
Stranger
M Offline
Hello,

I didn't find an obvious thread with this topic, if there is, please link smile

I've done a few minor modification to the template/tpl files to improve our user experience and I'm wondering how this will affect the upgrade process.

Right now, we're on v7.7.5.

Will the upgrade process replace the modified templates with the default version or will they remain as is? If they remain in their modified state, I guess I will need to manually diff the default template files that are part of the distribution against my own, reapply the patch in the UI and go from there in order to make sure the system stays at it's most compatible?

Many thanks and best regards, Michael

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Michael_E6D9
Will the upgrade process replace the modified templates with the default version or will they remain as is?
During the upgrade process you overwrite the existing files with the new templates.

Your changes will need to then be reinstalled on the new builds as we update then with each new version.

It's important to note that, as we did not perform these changes to your forums we cannot support systems affected by your code changes.

Most of us with modified forums use Beyond Compare to diff our existing forum with it's stock build from the install archive to note all charges to the forum base then integrate those charges in the new version.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
Stranger
Stranger
M Offline
Thanks! The changes getting reset is perfect since re-patching is much less hassle than making sure the templates confirm to the latest official version.

Best regards, Michael

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 408 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29