Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#265854 12/05/2023 6:26 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to send sitemap to google for the forum since I have now shifted to a new address. The old address is outdoorking.com/forum and the new one is outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum

Any help would be appreciated.

Outdoorking #265857 12/06/2023 4:59 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
As the author of the UBB.Sitemaps script (and UBB.Membermaps, UBB.Gallerymap) I'd like to point out the Wiki page at UBBDev Wiki - UBB.Sitemaps ยท Wiki - Useful Links:
Bing Webmaster Tools
Google Search Console

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #265887 01/05/2024 2:29 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I am getting this message from google as shown in image
Attachments
screenshot-search.google.com-2024.01.06-05_26_40.png

Outdoorking #265888 01/05/2024 7:57 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Looks like your configuration is missing https:// from your url

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #265889 01/06/2024 1:45 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I did pay UBB to setup the site so why would it be missing?

I would appreciate a more depth explanation on how to fix it if you could.

This is the url on how it looks in the browser: https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html#gsc.tab=0

This is the error message that I am getting in the Control panel:
WARNING: Your PHP max_input_vars setting is set to a low value. Your current setting is 1000; the default setting is 1000. Based on your current number of forums, a minimum setting of 4350 is recommended. Your forum may have issues such as a blank configuration file, missing settings, or unexpected script behavior if you continue. Please see the "Issues with the PHP 'max_input_vars' Setting" entry on the UBBWiki for more information.

Last edited by Outdoorking; 01/06/2024 1:53 AM.
Outdoorking #265890 01/06/2024 2:46 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
We have nothing to do with UBB.threads support, that's all handled through UBBSystems through the helpdesk system; the forums have always been user to user support.

Remember, where the Sitemap script IS my script, UBB.threads is owned and operated by Brooks of UBBSystems, he doesn't not represent my development studio, either UBBDev or VNC Web Services. We cannot be held responsible for the settings of a third party on your site configuration.

That being said, // is valid for allowing both HTTP and HTTPs traffic locally, however if you're running a SSL certificate for your site we highly advise always presenting your site utilizing HTTPs as you will get traffic bonuses through search engines. However, the Sitemap script is feeding the URLs to Google and other search engines utilizing full URLs, of which // is invalid.

If you're having the Sitemap script read the URL through your forum configuration you can update this via your UBB.threads Control Panel or through the config.inc.php; when the Sitemap is configured to read from the UBB.threads configuration it will always overwrite the settings in the sitemap configuration. You could attempt to set $conf["domain"] to read https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au to see if it'll overwrite any other configuration settings. Somewhere in your configurations there is a setting of the URL being //example.tld vs https://example.tld

As for "max_input_vars" this is a completely separate setting in your web server configuration and there is no way we can help you as we have no access to the machine you're hosted on.

Please note that the sitemap script was running without issue prior to your site migration, please ensure all settings are properly configured for your new hosting environment.

Outdoorking #265891 01/07/2024 10:11 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Where is the sitemap file located so I can upload it to google?

Outdoorking #265892 01/07/2024 10:17 PM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Still showing this error message in control panel

WARNING: Your PHP max_input_vars setting is set to a low value. Your current setting is 1000; the default setting is 1000. Based on your current number of forums, a minimum setting of 4350 is recommended. Your forum may have issues such as a blank configuration file, missing settings, or unexpected script behavior if you continue. Please see the "Issues with the PHP 'max_input_vars' Setting" entry on the UBBWiki for more information.

Outdoorking #265893 01/07/2024 11:20 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Outdoorking
Where is the sitemap file located so I can upload it to google?
Yours is installed at:
https://www.outdoorking-forum.com.au/forum/ubb.sitemap.php

Originally Posted by Outdoorking
WARNING: Your PHP max_input_vars setting is set to a low value. Your current setting is 1000; the default setting is 1000. Based on your current number of forums, a minimum setting of 4350 is recommended. Your forum may have issues such as a blank configuration file, missing settings, or unexpected script behavior if you continue. Please see the "Issues with the PHP 'max_input_vars' Setting" entry on the UBB.Wiki for more information.
This is an issue with your web host and has nothing to do with the Sitemap, the Sitemap creates an index file of all of your forums and categories, whereas max_input_vars is a setting in your webserver configuration (php.ini) which needs adjusted by someone with appropriate permissions on your server.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 868 guests, and 467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29