Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
I see the barkrowler bot trying to login over and over. I know there are other bad robots. Is there a way to stop this like black list etc..

Been so long I am not sure if that was added or not. I know anti spam can be implemented but that is not an issue for now.

Happy Customer !!!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Most of these bots are simply hitting the login page, they're not actually trying to brute force their way in, they're simply following all of the links on your forums.

As for blocking bots there are several options, using CloudFlare or modifying your .htaccess file can directly ban them (on CF you have to look at your firewall rules), a simple kludge for your .htaccess would be something like what ip2location offers for their Firewall List (which blocks bad IPs/countries)

Some people will say a robots.txt file but it's more of a suggestion versus an actual ban (unlike the .htaccess line)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Thanks bud. I wasnt sure if it was in the software and I was missing it. Thanks for the suggestions. I run iis10 so I will look at what I can do there smile

See ya Giz

Happy Customer !!!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ahh yeah I'm not really well versed with IIS, I'm sure one of the firewall rules on ip2location can be used but not entirely sure which or how...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 868 guests, and 467 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29