What host are people using and how much are you paying per month?
It really depends on the amount of traffic and how large your forums are, shared hosts don't generally want huge resource intensive sites on shared hosting plans. I've had good luck with
Shock Hosting,
BlueHost, and
StableHost (affiliate codes included); I have a whole write-up at my homepage
VNC Web Services:
Recommended HostsDoes version 8 have support for posting new videos from sites like FB, tiktok, X, Instagram, YT etc?
The built in media tags include YouTube and Vimeo, there are a substantial amount of tags you can add to the tag editor at
UBBDev, the UBB.threads modification community.
Any good examples of current forums with version 8?
Several UBB.threads sites, off of the top of my head
https://agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.phphttps://ubbdev.com/forums/https://celicahobby.com/https://www.cessna-pilots.net/forums/https://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.phphttps://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.htmlhttp://forums.scrapyardknives.com/https://www.luxurycruisetalk.com/forum/https://www.traveltalkonline.com/jeeezzz if the responses are this slow then I might have to go another route. 4 hours and no response.

You're on a User to User support forum, if you'd like sales support then I'd recommend the helpdesk
here; none of the users you see posting on this forum work for UBBSystems, we're users of the product.