Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
If I highlight a text/sentence that is located somewhere in a message and then press the "B", "I", "U", etc.button then the cursor is moved to either the very top or the very bottom of the message box. For example, if I want to bold a word that is in the middle of a message that consists of several paragraphs of text, highlight it and then press the "B" button, the cursor is then moved to the very bottom of the message. I would have expected to have the cursor returned to the original location where I bolded the word. Sometimes the cursor moves all the way to the top depending upon the location of the word. This is annoying at best and seems like it is a bug. [Linked Image from the-highway.com]


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It's just how the JavaScript works, I believe that it should return to the end of the textarea.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)