Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#266834 11/10/2025 3:03 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
In the admin panel does the "Default Time Offset (Hours)" setting correlate to server time or UTC?

Below it shows "Unadjusted Server Time:" so I assumed it's exactly that, but it just so happens that it shows the current time in the UTC timezone even though I believe my server is on CST (or so typing "date" in the terminal has me believe).

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
It is the server time (if you look at /admin/gendisplay.php you'll see time() being used), however the offset you choose to the right would be whatever default you want to provide to your guests; users will have their own settings for their own accounts after creating an account which can be set in their preferences.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
1 member likes this: Conrad
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
I just double-checked on the server and both the "date" command in terminal as well as the Server Time setting in WHM are showing my server being on CST time:

Current Time
Tue Nov 11 06:13:08 CST 2025


Yet in the UBB admin panel I'm seeing the following:
Default Time Offset (Hours):
Unadjusted Server Time: 11/11/2025 12:13


Which just so happens to be UTC (or possibly London time during the 6 months when DST isn't in effect).

I checked the file you mentioned and I see something about "servertime" and "RELATIVE_TIME" but still have no idea how the UBB admin panel is showing the unadjusted server time... as different than the actual server time. smile Could this be a cache thing or an altered setting elsewhere?

$servertime = $html -> convert_time(time(),"","",1);
...
$relative = "";
if ($config['RELATIVE_TIME']) {
$relative = "checked='checked'";
} // end if

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I'm not sure why it matters, when a timezone is selected in the dropdown for guests and for your own accounts it will offset the time including any daylight savings magic, no offsetting needs to be done like in earlier v7 versions. It's been completely simplified.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Addict
Addict
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 490
Likes: 2
Many thanks, must be a new feature because on 7.5.8 a user can only do a similar adjustment (in hours) rather than setting their own time zone which would automatically change at the appropriate dates for DST.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 485 guests, and 89 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)