Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#266885 12/13/2025 6:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hi
This is a general question regarding attachments.

I have currently 25000+ images/photos and it's 1,6GB+ in that folder.
Am using IM to compress.

Honestly I am worried since all photos goes into one folder.
Can you guys with your experience say how many and or how large can a folder be without getting corrupt or become full?

Also is there a way to make the photos go into multiple folder say after a certain amount or size?

I know that this is not a direct UBBT question but the forum will crash if the folder goes sour right?
Any info is appreciated


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Morgan #266886 12/14/2025 12:07 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
If, for whatever reason, an image is corrupted it just won't load; it won't stop the forum from loading at all (forum data is all in the database).

I know of several clients who have massive (5gb+) upload folders.

The only mechanism we have for separate folders is the upload folders for avatars and one for files; there is no mechanism in place to upload to different folders.

You should be able to upload until you run out of disk space or are at the maximum number of inodes (on some hosted systems).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Thanks Gizmo for your answer.

I will ask my host if there is a maximum number of inodes.

Last edited by Morgan; 12/14/2025 4:53 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
I checked and I have plenty of inodes available according to the host he also said there is no worries to increase the amount of photos in a folder.
Thanks Giz for the help.


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)