Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Hi all,

Have an old 7.5.9 forum that I have not updated in years at http://www.livc.net/ubbthreads/
(Just looked and the first post was Jan. 2, 2001, 25 years old!)

It is no longer very active but I try to update the board header monthly.

I can not log in with either of the 2 admin profiles that I have. Looks like I was able to log in back in October 2025. Not sure why but feeling overwhelmed looking for answers because I have not kept whatever little skills I had in this area up to date. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 177
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 177
Can you login through your browser's incognito/in-private window? You may have a plugin or browser script that is blocking you from logging in.

I see that your website is also still using basic http rather than https. it could be possible that your browser settings may be attempting to store login information as https if your forum serves relative urls rather than full urls.


current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Thanks for the reply.

Quote
Can you login through your browser's incognito/in-private window?
No, tried with Safari/iPhone, Safari/Mac and Chrome/Mac.

Quote
I see that your website is also still using basic http rather than https. it could be possible that your browser settings may be attempting to store login information as https if your forum serves relative urls rather than full urls.
Is there any kind of test or workaround for this?

Another bit of info is that my devices are not recognizing the saved passwords for the board.

Last edited by maria; 01/10/2026 1:26 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Try the lost password feature with email
and reset your password

Last edited by Ruben; 01/16/2026 1:47 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Reset was emailed to me but does not work.
Reset password just forwards me to the home page of the board, not logged in.
My long time password brings up the screen "Incorrect password for that username."

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 36
Fix for me with the help of support from my domain provider (thanks Ben from KnownHost) was to download Firefox.
For some reason, Firefox accepted the log in.
I adjusted the path, http: to https: in "Full URL to Main Directory:"
I can now log in from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on my Mac desktop as well as Safari and Chrome on my iPhone.

Last edited by maria; 04/14/2026 5:44 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)