Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Hey everyone! Recently I was able to convert a MyBB forum over to phpBB to finally UBB Threads. I've upgraded to the latest version of UBB Threads once I finished the conversion. I then moved the files over to my web host and everything seemed okay. However I've noticed recently when I went to move a thread from one sub forum to another one I got a 500 error. Is there a specific folder where the error logs get saved to? If so where is this located at? I was hoping I ironed out all the bugs since I opened the forum up to the public recently and I really need the move threads feature to work since I have a promotional forum and I need to be able to move threads from one section to another. Any help is greatly appreciated! I have other bugs I ran into but I'll make separate threads for them once I get this one figured out since this is a major one.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
These logs would be your web servers access and error logs as it's the server throwing the errors.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
I enabled php error logging via my hosting and this is the error I get when trying to move threads.
Quote
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: sizeof(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given in /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/scripts/inline_moderation.inc.php:146 Stack trace: #0 /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/scripts/inline_moderation.inc.php(100): _inline_move() #1 /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/ubbthreads.php(286): page_inline_moderation_run() #2 {main} thrown in /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/scripts/inline_moderation.inc.php on line 146

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What version of UBB.threads and what version of PHP are you running?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
My forum is currently running on 8.0.1 and php version 8.2. I did convert the forum from MyBB to phpBB3 and finally to UBB Threads 7.5.7 and was able to upgrade to the latest version. Everything seemed to be running fine when I was testing things out on XAMPP before moving it to my live host. I just double checked to see if I'm able to move threads on my localhost install and it works, just not on my live site. I copied over the files to Hostinger, and edited the config file so it points to the correct domain, database, etc.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I registered at your site and read your bug postings
Did you install the 8.0.1 patch

I would start with cp-tools&information- Permission Checks you can click on each item to display the files in each folder in case one file has the wrong permission they all need to appear with ok

Using local host then migrating to host service some items may need the path corrected in the database.
As well as the table names may need to have the case changed all tables should have the case formatted like
ubbt_FORUMS

Also you need to double check the path settings in the cp to make sure they are correct some have a test link just under the path you enter this must be run with a ok message result because it writes a test file to the path and it is required to be there
As far as email most people select default unless you require a custom setting,
at cp-general- the Forum Email Address must be populated
Because that is the email account used by the forum and it must be a valid email account

Also I usually run the rebuilders after running imports to get to UBB
cp-tools&information- Content Rebuilder

also in cp-permissions-site you will see permissions for avatars the must be a 1 in the group value for allowing access. There are three of them
Make sure you set valid paths to folders that exist ubb does not create folders so point to a existing folder or create a folder
And make sure you click the test directory link below the path and get a passed status so it write a file to that folder


There are many settings that should be double checked other than noted here but that is a good start


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Hi Ruben, I installed the patch and the forum is on 8.0.1. I just checked the permissions for each folder and they all passed. Additionally I checked the uploads path and tested if it can be written to and it passed as well. I just double checked the permissions for each forum and Admins, Global moderators and Moderators have the ability to move threads in every forum according to the ACP. Likewise it appears to be correct in the database as well. The tables prefix matches up in the database as well. I made sure to rebuild all the posts, threads, ect. via the Content Rebuilder in the ACP after the conversion too. For the email issues I think I just can't figure out how to get SMTP set up with my domain since I do have a professional email address. I've ran into problems with this on other software so I don't think it's a UBB Threads issue but a me issue lol. I did noticed just now that I'm no longer able to view the Admin Logs now too which is odd.This is the error I get when trying to view the Admin Log in the ACP:
Quote
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: readdir(): Argument #1 ($dir_handle) must be of type resource or null, bool given in /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/admin/logs.php:33 Stack trace: #0 /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/admin/logs.php(33): readdir() #1 {main} thrown in /home/u172964909/domains/zippypromotion.com/public_html/admin/logs.php on line 33

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
as far as the email goes there are no smtp settings needed. just select default

Then make sure your forum email address is populated with your email
see the two attached images
Attachments
Screenshot (23).png Screenshot (24).png


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
1 member likes this: Ravenfreak
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Thank you for that I'll fix the email issue! Also I just realized that my config file on my computer was pointed to the wrong folder... I have two installs of Xampp one with a newer php version and one with a older php version. I have ubbthreads in both folders, I did this so I could convert the forum fully, and looks like I'm running into issues now with the localhost install of my forum that's on 8.0.1. When it was on 8.0 I was able to move threads but it seems on 8.0.1 I'm running into the same issue mentioned in my second post even on XAMPP. I downloaded the patch file from the member's area and followed the instructions to apply the patch. Maybe I followed the instructions incorrectly? I copied the folders the patch came with and overwritten the files on my server. I'll redownload the files again just to be sure I didn't accidentally delete something from the folders and see if that works. Edit: That didn't seem to work, I'm still getting the same issues.

Last edited by Ravenfreak; 01/27/2026 8:58 PM.
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Feb 2020
Posts: 9
Likes: 2
Ruben fixed the issues I was having, so all is good now. Thank you again for the help Ruben!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)