Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hello,

I have just upgraded from ver 7.7.5 > 8.0.0 > 8.0.1
and from PHP 7.4 > 8.2.28

It all went smoothfully and I tested to post a thread and I included a News Image to the post.

The thread is here
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubb...orum-upgrade-to-version-8-0-1#Post982079

Here is how it look in Edit mode
[Linked Image]

here is how it look after I post it. The news image is not there. It worked fine prior to the upgrade
[Linked Image]

Have you any idea what could be the issue?

Last edited by Morgan; 04/20/2026 7:15 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
An update, I have checked other old posts/threads that used to show the News Image and non of the show it now after upgrading so
it might be good to take a look at it.


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 177
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,033
Likes: 177
News images are displayed on the forum's portal, and will make the post a news/portal post

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

EDIT: This functionality was introduced with UBBT 7.7.0

Last edited by isaac; 04/20/2026 7:13 PM.

current developer of UBB.threads php forum software
current release: UBB.threads 8.0.1 // wip: UBB.threads 8.1.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Thank you Isaac
I had sometime ago disabled the portal and simply forget about it.
Thanks for clearing this up I have enabled the portal now.


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)