Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#267038 05/09/2026 2:14 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Perhaps not a bug but..
I have been running UBBClassic since 2001 and UBBThreads since 2005
with a number of version upgrades.
From time to time I have surely uploaded files to wrong directories. It happened with 8.0.0 and I corrected it right away.

I have several questions but will start with this.

In the directory "templates" should there be a subdirectory named "libs" ?
I don't think it should but I'm not 100% certain. All files and directories in there are from 2017.
If not then I'll delete it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Morgan; 05/09/2026 2:15 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
If you open a copy of the full install zip (as opposed to the upgrade zip) from UBBCentral it will present all of the files and folders in the structure we utilize in that release.

And no, the only folder in templates are compile and default.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Thanks for the answer, I was going through vulnerabilities in imunify and it addressed a phpmailer file as vulnerable it was from version 7.6.0 if I recall right. I have deleted the folder/files now.

I guess I should compare the 8.0.0 full install zip with my files and folders.

Is there any folders that the software creates while it’s running that I should not remove?


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Gizmo here comes another questions regarding forums/ folders

- There was a forumsbackup folder what could have caused to be created? it contained .sql files generated in April prior to our migration.


-


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
There is a backup utility in the Control Panel under Database Tools but it'd have to be configured with a known writable folder. It is not a method that I would recommend for backups; I'd personally only trust something created with utilities on the system including mysqldump and tar.

You should have the same folders than the install zip other than files in your /gallery or any configured attachment or avatar uploads IIRC.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Thanks
I have gone thru and found a couple things which I deleted.
I noticed also that I had readme.html, credit.html and credit.md stilI there but need to ask should those files stay or go after install/upgrade?


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Lol they're just part of the online documentation, they're linked somewhere in the package but it's really up to you if you want to keep them or not


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 399 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)