Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Hi all,

I pay for UBB hosting each month and have opened a support ticket. Lately it seems like my support tickets don't ever get a reply or closed.

I'm just wondering if there's a new route I should be going through?

The problem: My forums are at: https://forums.yulelog.com/ -- When I visit this page I see this error message:

Quote
Database error only visible to forum administrators

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have seen this problem a couple times now; it resolved itself in September of last year after a few hours.

I saw it yesterday and it was again resolved a few hours later. However, logged on today and see it again.

Since I use UBB hosting I don't know if I have any way to troubleshoot this on my side and so I'm reliant on the support ticket system.

Thank you all for the support over the years.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I am assuming that most likely your ubbt_ONLINE is full it is becoming a common issue but it could be anything
But anyway to check correctly you would need to check your error log files if you set them up, if you did you could ftp to your files and check or access cpanel which you should have that.
Then open phpmyadmin and see if the table ubbt_ONLINE is full


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Ruben
I am assuming that most likely your ubbt_ONLINE is fullit is becomming a common issue but it could be anything
But anyway to check correctly you would need to check your error log files if you set them up, if you did you could ftp to your files and check or access cpanel which you should have that.
Then open phpmyadmin and see if the table ubbt_ONLINE is full

Thanks for your reply Ruben!

I used to manage the hosting myself, but I switched over to paying UBB to host my forums as I didn't want to deal with the maintenance and these kind of things. I have been able to revive my forums a few times due to SQL and PHP issues, but currently I don't think I have any ability to debug or troubleshoot on my side; it's all managed hosting so I'm totally dependent on UBB.

I am wondering if there has been a lapse in the UBB Support Desk, as I used to get replies regularly but lately my tickets have just been open without any replies.

Is there any email address I can reach out to to the UBB official team? I am paying each month for the hosting and I paid for a support membership after this most recent outage.

I just want to say I have always had a great experience with the UBB team! Just making sure they're still around and supporting these products. I'm a happy customer in general, just want to get my forums back up for my community.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
The only way I know is via support ticket
You could try a pm here to UBBSystems but his last visit was 2025


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Ruben
The only way I know is via support ticket
You could try a pm here to UBBSystems but his last visit was 2025

Thanks again for that information. I won't lie, that is a bit concerning to me. I was told daily backups are made of my forums, but if there is no response from UBB, I don't think I have access to those backups. And obviously in the event of outages I am effectively powerless to get access to my own forum backend.

I'm honestly not sure what my options are at this point, other than hope I hear back from them soon. Do we know of any other way to contact the official UBB team that (I had assumed) manage this website?

My monthly payments are certainly being collected, but if services aren't rendered this becomes a problem. I also paid for a support license recently.

Like I said before, the team has always been responsive and extremely helpful and professional. I think very highly of them. But I did notice a ticket effectively did not get answered in mid to late 2025. And the repeated outages are also concerning.

If there is any other recourse or anyone else on these forums I can contact to find out what's going on, it would be much appreciated.

I am only posting here because I have no idea where else to seek help for my particular issue.

Last edited by YuleLogger; 05/20/2026 12:44 PM.
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
My forums are back up, but I'm not sure why they were down. I can't find any logs that would point me in the right direction.

So the forums were back up yesterday as well but down again today. So I don't know what the best course of action is to perform maintenance while I have access to the admin panel. A little lost.

Thank you for your help thus far though. If there's any basic troubleshooting I could do while the forums are online, I am open to anything!

Update:

I see my referrer log has an insane amount of activity. Not sure what to do about that! I decided to disable the referral log because it seemed to be accumulating a crazy amount of rows without really much benefit. Perhaps that could be the issue? We'll see!

Last edited by YuleLogger; 05/20/2026 3:41 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
We are 3rd party contractors so unfortunately we cannot really comment on how UBBSystems handles support or services other than to use the support desk or [email protected].

To view the error via FTP one could either view the UBB.threads error log (to view past entries); the path to this file is defined in the UBB.threads Control Panel: CP -> Master Settings -> Primary -> Logging Tab -> Database Log Storage Directory

Or, if configured above, you can view the UBB.threads error log via: CP -> Tools -> Logs -> SQL Error Logs

To view the error live on the site (versus the "Database Error only viewable by Administrators") you'd want to modify /libs/mysqli.inc.php and change
Code
		// IF YOU SET THE VARIABLE BELOW TO 1 IT WILL SHOW THE SQL ERRORS TO ALL
		// USERS. USEFUL IF YOU CANNOT LOG IN AND NEED TO SEE THE SQL ERRORS
		$showerror = 0;

To
Code
		// IF YOU SET THE VARIABLE BELOW TO 1 IT WILL SHOW THE SQL ERRORS TO ALL
		// USERS. USEFUL IF YOU CANNOT LOG IN AND NEED TO SEE THE SQL ERRORS
		$showerror = 0;


The data in the referral log is simply sites that've sent traffic to your forum, it's not really a thing that needs to be enabled if it's a feature you don't use.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Thank you for this information.

Unfortunately my forums continue to go down and then come back up.

I'll keep investigating to see if there's anything in my power to resolve the issue.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Only your host can help you if you do not have a ftp account and or cpanel type access.
I would require both if it was my account.
It appears you do have cpanel at least. if you have the login.Goto phpmyadmin open the data base and check the ubbt_ONLINE table
I will bet the engine is set to memory and the size is like 16 mb
If it is empty the table


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Update:

I got in touch with Brooks and he mentioned my online user sessions was flooded by bots.

Do you think this is related to the ubbt_ONLINE table? Sounds like it might be what you mentioned?

Forums are back online currently, so I'll try this.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Stranger
Stranger
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Thank you again Ruben for all of your help!

I'm already using Cloudflare, made sense to add bot protection and put the site in "under attack" mode to see if it helps alleviate the bot problem I have. It seems to have significantly helped so far.

I noticed these forums basically use the same kind of protection.

Last edited by YuleLogger; 05/21/2026 6:47 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)