Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 465
Likes: 1
hey guys,

I upgraded like normal using the standard procedures to go from 7.5.5 to 8.0.0 Once I did everything works accept the forums link. it shows empty screen. Everything else the portal, admin console, users, calendar etc.. all great but the forums link. go figure smile

Anyway, I then upgraded can copied the 8.0.1 patch thinking it might fix it but there was no change. I had a heck of a time with the upgrader php as it didn't give me the blue button to remove the files listed to be removed. I had to do it one by one. eieieieie anyway I had to make a permission change to the language directory to get the language files to update.

Anyway any thought on what I did ? I do have a complete backup and are doing this on my dev server before doing it on production. btw the upgrade script said it was complete when it was done.

this is Windows server 2022 iis 10. I am currently on 7.4.9 php but honestly want to migrate this to 8.5.9 eventually but I have 8.3 and 8.4 available too I want PHP 7 anything off my server.


Happy Customer !!!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
A blank screen generally indicates an error generating that page, what do your error logs display?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)