Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A cool idea for the content islands is if.....

The forum user could turn off and on any island and or change the left/right side they appear on.

Then a forum user could customize how the forums look for them if for example they are running a low resolution screen size or want select islands all on the left or right.

Maybe 7.X?

M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
LOL he does have it where you can turn off the left or right or both sides in your preference settings. yout talking about individual islands I guess..

Happy Customer !!!
Yes individual items turned off and on by the user smile
Also moved to the left or right so they can customize the layout themselves.

M
MMG Offline
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
I've had multiple people on my site ask for this, so this is very high on my wishlist for 7.x.

An x could be placed in the top right of an island box to "remove" it. smile

I really think the best would be to have a system where an end user could customize their personal forum layout (if enabled by the admin)

Turn content boxes on and off and move them to the left or right.

But I know how much work this could be for Rick to code it -- Quite a bit and I do want UBB 7 to get to release status shortly so I can begin to seriously use it smile

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This is definitely something that will be coming in the future. Will need to be a balance since some site owners might not want the user to be able to turn off all columns, such as those that have ads. Within the next couple of versions will be putting in some payment processing options, so admins can setup a payment feature and thus enabling certain features for those that pay. This would be a good use for that. Someone that pays might be able to turn off even the portal boxes that contain ads while someone that doesn't wouldn't get the option to turn off the ad islands.

Right now we're just sticking to strict bug fixing to get version 7 finished and out.

M
MMG Offline
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Ideally I'd like the user to have the same options that we do as admins in the control panel to select which islands to display where. I'd like to be able to set them up and then have the option if the island is required or has an editable on/off or location that can be set by the user.

Rick,
I know that you are just working on fixing bugs for version 7, and I don't think anyone wants to add more to your plate right now. But since you are doing such a good job with things I want to start letting you know what I'd like to see with this product in the future.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29