Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2778 08/18/2006 5:41 PM
old hand
old hand
Hi all,
I’m a long-time Threads user, but sadly have not upgraded since 6.5.1 ( with the security fixes installed ). I started thinking about changing to different forum software back when I had heard that Threads would no longer be supported. As that seems to have changed now, I am looking at potentially renewing my member access (or upgrading to a Gold membership) in order to get version 7 Beta (and eventually version 7). I like what I see but I have a few questions I’m hoping someone can answer:

1. Will the registration allow me to create custom fields? (e.g., what type of car do you drive?) I have several custom registration fields and would like to not loose that information on my current members.

2. Will version 7 interface with Photopost PhP and PP-Classifieds? I have both installed now and they interface with my current Threads install and I’m wondering if my current installs will interface with the new version 7?
3. Will my current styles transfer easily to the new version or would I have to re-create all my styles again?

I’m sure I’ll have more questions, but these are for starters,

Thanks,
Basil

Old Hand
Old Hand
to 1) not sure, cant look right now, my SQL server is down for maintenace.

to 2) I start a thread in the PP support forums and ask this. They dont have any UBB license yet and so they cant do an working integration yet. They looking forward into this.

to 3) Styles total different and you have to rebuild it. Seems to be no way to convert them.

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
M
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Answer to question number 1 is YES.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
1 yes.

2 natively no, these are modifications,a s such they would have to be updated to the new tables that ubb7 uses.

3 no, your styles won't transfer properly, in fact they won't transfer at all, its a completely differant system. You'll have to redo them for ubb7.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,248 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29