Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hello everyone -- I would like to be able to paste a URL to a post into an email, and link someone directly back to a specific post. I think the problem is, that we have mandatory passwords enabled, and unless the user is already logged in, they get stuck with "access denied / we cannot proceed" as in when a login fails.

Can anyone tell me whether there is a way to work around this, i.e., user should enter their id and password and then link to the correct page in the URL. We are on ubb.threads 6.1.1. Can anyone comment whether the behavior differs on later versions?

Thanks,

Peter

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I doubt this is possible without being logged in. You can try over at www.threadsdev.com to see if anyone has created a modification.

--
UBBDesign.com: UBB â„¢ customizer, webdesigner and custom graphics creator.
Creator of the JCTemplates used in the ubb.classic â„¢ software. Addons & Graphics
Installation services and custom add-on creation available. Contact me

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Actually, Logging In is not really the point ... of course you want to log in, but then you'd want to redirect to the link of the original post.

There's an interesting discussion of this, way back in: http://community.infopop.net/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=5163077913&m=8203005323 but it falls short of providing the data I need, which is, what is the URL variable, or how is it constructed, so that subscriptions.pl can reference the original post?

Any other ideas? Surely someone has put a link to the post in their email notifications??

Thanks!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Given the way login works - I haven't seen a way to do this. I link all the time to stuff here - but tell people they have to be logged in. Haven't seen any modification that bring them back after they login.

Josh
www.joshuapettit.com
ThreadsDev.com Administrator | InfoPop Community Moderator
Register to see my How To/Site Help Library Forum at ThreadsDev.com.
My threads 'tweaking' abilities are for hire for upgrades, tweaks and modifications.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,248 guests, and 268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29