Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline

Why did the importer change my Superuser account when I imported all my data from threads 6.5? The account USER_LOGIN_NAME and USER_DISPLAY_NAME where changed to **DONOTDELETE** and the USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL was "User".

I'm wondering why it did that and how to make that the functional Superuser account again. We have alot of posts under that user and would like it to not display Anonymous.

The last step of the installation process asked if I want to create a super user account or if I was going to import data from threads or classic. Was I supposed to create an account there?

Thanks.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That's a bit strange. It sounds like your donotdelete user in your 6.5 forum was user number 2 when it should have been user number 1. The importer doesn't import user #1 at all. If you your old 6.5 database take a look and see what usernames you have for #1 and #2.

Addict
Addict
How will this affect us as Administrators when we do the upgrade from 6.5.5 to version 7? My Admin number isn't #1.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Your admin user should be #1. That's the placeholder user. Your main admin account should be user #2 in threads.

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
We are using version 6.5.1.1.

I just checked and we actually don't have a row associated with #1 in our w3t_Users table. I can't give any background on why we don't have a value in there.

Rick, could you please advise me on the best way to fix the problem? Seems like I could just enter the user **DONOTDELETE** in as U_Number #1.

Our main superuser account is #2 in w3t_Users as you said it should be.

Thanks

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Nate, do you have a **DONOTDELETE** user anywhere in the database. Before adding a new one try this query:

select U_Number from w3t_Users where U_Username='**DONOTDELETE**'

If you get a result back, just change that to #1. That would be the easiest way.

If you don't get a result, then yes you'll want to add a **DONOTDELETE** user as user #1. You'll want to give it some sort of random password and assign the U_Groups field to '-4-'

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Rick, I added the **DONOTDELETE** user as id #1 and started the importer. Looks like it is working, our superuser account was maintained this time.

Thanks for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,124 guests, and 219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29