Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3171 09/11/2006 5:09 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Beta 5 is now in the members area. This should be our last beta and we'll now be working on our first release candidate. This beta comes with an upgrade utility to make things a bit easier.

If you don't have any custom changes to templates or languages that you are worried about just upload everything except for the includes, styles and cache_builders/custom directories (Note, you will want to upload all of the .php files within the cache_builders directory). Next bring up install/upgrade.php and it will walk you through the rest. Once you're finished delete the entire install directory.

If you only want to upload the files that have changed and any new language strings then just upload everything in the install directory first. At that point, bring up the install/upgrade.php script in your browser and it will let you know exactly what files have been changed, language strings, etc. Upload what it tells you to and then continue with the rest of the instructions. When finished delete the entire install directory.

journeyman
journeyman
Hmm i have just one glitch with the install script. When i processed all upload steps and come to the point to update the language string (automatic or manual) an hit 'automatic' the install script just say "All Language strings updated" (or somethink like that wink ) but there's no button to contiue the installation. If i chose 'manual' i'm getting 1 or 2 more steps further (finialzing upgrade ...).

Is it normal that the installation ends at this point when I chose 'automatic'?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, definitely not normal for the automatic to end at that point. The last step should always tell you the upgrade is finished after updating the database. Will need to track that down.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Odd, I ran the upgrade script just fine on my one site i'm having issues with; was rather impressed with it smile

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
All upgraded no issues laugh nice work.

Happy Customer !!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29