Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
This is for classic 6.7.2 before we make the move.

At the moment we have it set so that users can change their "public displayed name". We want to turn that off so that people can't do that.

Question. If we turn it off:

- what happens to the usernames of people who have already made different publicly names? Do they get "locked" as they are, or do they revert back to their login username?

- can we turn this on and off as we wish without causing problems?


- anything else I should know?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
They'll be set to what the current PDN is and locked at that unless the feature is on.

Theres an option to allow changes, you can turn it on/off at will.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
Oh ok so it is locked at the current publicly displayed name rather than the login name? (Just confirming!) Then if I turn that feature back on again at a later date people can just go in and change their publiclydisplayed name if they want.

(Thats good I thought it might be locked at the login name.)

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Both the Login and PDN are imported from Classic to Threads; the PDN from classic will be the PDN in threads.

In .T7 we have the ability to let people change their name, but it has to be approved by an admin wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
O
newbie
newbie
O Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 29
Thats interesting to know, thanks.

But, sorry my asking for confirmation was all within classic (ie. not related to threads).


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)