Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This is about a board running threads v5.4pen, and I realize it's an old version, but hope someone can help me anyway.

I wonder how a user can post when the IP she is posting, from, has been banned. This is a user that has been banned under close to 10 different names and 2 IPs. She registered a new username from a third IP (that now has been banned, of course), but has also posted from one of the previously banned IPs!

I was not 100% sure about how to ban an IP correctly, so I have banned it in several ways to make sure:
xx.xx.%.%
xx.xx.%
xx.xx.* (did this first because that is the way to search for IPs, didn't read the instructions that were right there in my face until afterwards.)

Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to see which IP a member registered from? Currently, I just know how to enter an IP and find any members registered with that, not the other way around.

Arwen

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I want to say that I recall a bug in those earlier versions when trying to ban a range of IPs. I'm not sure.

Will probably need to pick Rick's memory on this one.

Try running this SQL Query:

SELECT *
FROM w3t_Users
WHERE U_Username = 'xxxxx'

That should show you all the infomation about the user... including Reg IP. I think registration IP was saved in that version. I'm not sure... which is why it's safest to do SELECT *.

Hope that helps a bit.

Josh
www.joshuapettit.com
ThreadsDev.com Administrator | InfoPop Community Moderator
Register to see my How To/Site Help Library Forum at ThreadsDev.com.
My threads 'tweaking' abilities are for hire for upgrades, tweaks and modifications.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 777 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29